The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

So many fans not celebrating / politely clapping when it cuts away to the crowd after a cup final goal :anguish:

The actual trophy lift got me, proper ripple of applause went around the place.

So many fans not celebrating / politely clapping when it cuts away to the crowd after a cup final goal :anguish:

The actual trophy lift got me, proper ripple of applause went around the place.

Nine years, man. Woe is, the torture those fans have endured.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/a7aqa5ag.jpg

:lol:

Did you see this maniac after the game sitting by himself in the dugout laughing a little bit to himself. Proper psycho. Hope he wins the CL.

So happy for Hull City today, their supporters must have been shitting it when they went 2-0 up, imagine coming that close to relegation??

Wait, Hull and Arsenal aren't both relegated automatically for getting to the cup final?

I get that people might not be keen on Arsenal fans/lack of atmosphere at the Emirates/media overplaying this whole 9 years thing.

But success is relative. I can exactly see why fans will be very frustrated with Wenger in recent years, even if his first decade was nothing short of exceptional. Arsenal going 9 years without a trophy is a major failure so it's clearly a headline when they end that drought.

The whole "aww look at Arsenal fans not being sad anymore after their 10000000 year wait for a trophy"-style comments, man. Come off it. Going off here, most people get riled when other clubs' fans and media outlets poke fun at/give generalised, potentially inaccurate comments about Newcastle fans (deluded, they should be pleased with what they've got, etc)...... but it's alright to do it the other way round?

Success is relative for sure. I'm just jealous and bitter and can't be fucked with sob stories over a club that challenges for trophies/the title/the Champions League year upon year. They were obviously going to win something sooner or later and have done. It was only a total fluke that prevented them from inevitably winning the League Cup a couple of years ago.

I get that people might not be keen on Arsenal fans/lack of atmosphere at the Emirates/media overplaying this whole 9 years thing.

But success is relative. I can exactly see why fans will be very frustrated with Wenger in recent years, even if his first decade was nothing short of exceptional. Arsenal going 9 years without a trophy is a major failure so it's clearly a headline when they end that drought.

The whole "aww look at Arsenal fans not being sad anymore after their 10000000 year wait for a trophy"-style comments, man. Come off it. Going off here, most people get riled when other clubs' fans and media outlets poke fun at/give generalised, potentially inaccurate comments about Newcastle fans (deluded, they should be pleased with what they've got, etc)...... but it's alright to do it the other way round?

Yes. It's Arsenal.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/a7aqa5ag.jpg

:lol:

Did you see this maniac after the game sitting by himself in the dugout laughing a little bit to himself. Proper psycho. Hope he wins the CL.

Saw this ass hole smirking man. Proper had me creasing over here in living room laughing.

It's the whole attitude that stinks. It not just the media saying it's been too long for Arsenal to go without a cup it's their fans as well, they honestly think that. Sorry but no club is automatically entitled to success, no matter how big they are. I myself still don't think Arsenal are the big club people make out, sure they are in the top 4 every year and such, however their fans are the quietest there is. Their last stadium was nicknamed the Library, even by their own fans, they moved to a new stadium that holds 60k which has done nothing to create an atmosphere and they can't even fill the whole stadium. To me both West Ham and Spurs are the biggest clubs in London, Newcastle, Everton, even Leeds, and Forest and others are to me bigger clubs than Arsenal.

I used to prefer it when Arsenal won things, it wasn't Man Utd glory hunters, and it wasn't Chelsea's millions, but when I realised their fans never actually cheered their team on and the Wenger 'Always the victim' effect started to become so ingrained with the club I just put them up there with the others.

Guest palnese

"To me both West Ham and Spurs are the biggest clubs in London, Newcastle, Everton, even Leeds, and Forest and others are to me bigger clubs than Arsenal."

wat

"To me both West Ham and Spurs are the biggest clubs in London, Newcastle, Everton, even Leeds, and Forest and others are to me bigger clubs than Arsenal."

wat

Hard to explain. They have a big stadium but can't fill it and can't create an atmosphere. If it wasn't for Wenger they would probably be have ended up just being a team in the Premiership to make the numbers up or even worse. People think Man Utd collapsed when SAF left, thats nothing to how Arsenal will end up when Wenger goes.

Class for Atletico and the league in general really, i would love it if they can go on and win the CL too but the injuries make that a very tough task.

Shame the vultures will circle around them this summer and pick the squad apart.

Apart from Costa I don't think many will move. It's mostly Europa League type journeymen in the side. I expect Koke to stay for at least another season. Luis - perhaps. I expect Courtois to sign permanently.

wat

Hard to explain. They have a big stadium but can't fill it and can't create an atmosphere. If it wasn't for Wenger they would probably be have ended up just being a team in the Premiership to make the numbers up or even worse. People think Man Utd collapsed when SAF left, thats nothing to how Arsenal will end up when Wenger goes.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/330/852/121964586_crop_340x234.jpg

wat

Please stop talking.

He's right like:

Domestic cup honours (First Divison, FA Cup, League cup):

Arsenal - 26

West Ham & Spurs & Newcastle & Everton & Leeds & Forest - 51

He's right like:

Domestic cup honours (First Divison, FA Cup, League cup):

Arsenal - 26

West Ham & Spurs & Newcastle & Everton & Leeds & Forest - 51

Yeah but Arsenal fans don't cheer, so erm.....................