Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Real Madrid and Man Utd bid for Gundogan according to Bild.

Watzke said he'll be offered a new deal in the next few weeks and definitely won't leave in January. If he hasn't renewed by the summer though he says they'll have to sell.

Is there any particular reason Monaco have paid 8.6M for Lacina Traore only to immediately loan him to West Ham?

Russian owner with loadsa money helping out another Russian owner who isn't bothered anymore.

Seems that a bit of firesale may start for Saints. Be interesting to see if Pochettino is still the manager in a couple of weeks.

probably just lazy reporting with the Cortze news (ie link every southampton player with someone else) can't see them selling more than 1 or 2 this window (Shaw if I had to guess)

Can't see it happening in a WC year, maybe in the summer. He's getting a shitload of homages and lifetime awards lately, smells of retirement/Qatar/MLS.

Will see sad to see one of the best players we've ever had go, but at the same time will forces us to face it and try to actually replace him.

Can't see it happening in a WC year, maybe in the summer. He's getting a shitload of homages and lifetime awards lately, smells of retirement/Qatar/MLS.

Will see sad to see one of the best players we've ever had go, but at the same time will forces us to face it and try to actually replace him.

Isn't Fabregas basically a replacement?

Would hate to see that. I don't mind seeing older players going over there, but he has been only at Barca so why tarnish it with the MLS? Not many players these days can say that they have only played for one club, especially one like Barcelona. 

I encourage Xavi to go for it. Doesn't he still live with his entire family?

Move away, experience something new while still doing what you love and make a bit of money on it on top of that. Why not?

No. He works best in the #10 or #8 role, he's pretty average playing from deeper like Xavi does. I see Fàbregas more as Iniesta's replacement (although they are very different in style).

No. He works best in the #10 or #8 role, he's pretty average playing from deeper like Xavi does. I see Fàbregas more as Iniesta's replacement (although they are very different in style).

If only there was a player there that could have replaced him but didn't have a stupid clause inserted into his contract...

Look away now, VI.

The clause, which was insisted upon by the player's agent (Pep Guardiola's brother Pere) after talks with Thiago and his father, Brazilian World Cup winner Mazinho, stated that the midfielder must feature for 30 minutes or more in 60 per cent of Barcelona's matches last term. And although he did play in exactly 60% of games (Thiago featured in 36 club fixtures in 2012-13, out of a possible 60) and average well over half an hour per match (with 1904 minutes in total), he failed to complete the required amount in 15 of the 36 matches.

Someone like Wenger would have looked at the long-term future and sold Xavi off.

“There was advanced contact last month,” Zouma told L’Equipe. “At the start I thought it was a joke but afterwards I quickly took his call seriously.

“When a great man like Jose Mourinho calls a little player like Kurt Zouma, it’s nice. It doesn’t happen every day and it’s a big sign of respect and confidence.”

The France under-21 international said Mourinho had made a big impression on him, adding: “If you tell me to go to Chelsea, I’ll go there immediately! Especially after the call from the coach. It’s given me ideas.”

Under contract until 2017, the Under-20 World Cup winner says he has an agreement with Saint-Etienne that will allow him to leave this summer.

:anguish: