Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I thought Everton would want a permanent striker. At the end of the season they're only left with Kone right?

Have Lukaku and Traore bulldoze the fuck out of every single opposition player for 4 months and we won't need one.

and after the 4 months?

Barry, Lukaku, Deulofeu and Traore on loan - back to square one in the summer.

Not really, if they elevate us into Europe. And especially not if they get us 4th.

We fucked up royally last January not adding to our squad. I couldn't care how we do it, but it looks like we're going to this month. It's showing ambition even if we don't have the funds to just go out and buy quality players (though that's another story for another day).

Not really, if they elevate us into Europe. And especially not if they get us 4th.

if they don't get you to 4th then really you are back to square one next season. Different matter obviously if they get you a CL place but its still an awful lot of talent to replace just in Lukaku (think Barry will join permanently)

if they don't get you to 4th then really you are back to square one next season. Different matter obviously if they get you a CL place but its still an awful lot of talent to replace just in Lukaku (think Barry will join permanently)

If Lukaku is the difference between them finishing fourth rather than 6th he would have made any loan justified with the revenue from the CL.

Well, that's your view. My view is even without the loan players we're progressing due to 2 main factors - the emergence of Barkley as the quality player most thought he was but never got the chance to show it (for various reasons), and Martinez, who has us playing far better football but moreover, has instilled a winning mentality in the team. No longer do we "look to go to Old Trafford and get out alive" or "bring a knife to a gun fight."

Barry and Lukaku have obviously been 2 major additions for us but it's very simplistic to assume we'll suddenly be hopeless without them. Lukaku for example has been well off the boil for a couple of months now, while I think there's every chance we'll make Barry's loan permanent. Deulofeu, who I really like and think has a ridiculous amount of talent, hasn't played that much.

The point is we're looking to add in this window, something we didn't last year and it bit us in the arse massively. In fact last January was arguably the most frustrating transfer window in all of Moyes' tenure. We were in a great position and did fuck all to push on. At least it looks like we're attempting to.

I thought Everton would want a permanent striker. At the end of the season they're only left with Kone right?

Have Lukaku and Traore bulldoze the fuck out of every single opposition player for 4 months and we won't need one.

and after the 4 months?

i imagine the idea would be slow progress, in the summer perhaps sign one permanent player and loan another 3?  no reason why they can't keep loaning people in, it's not like there's a finite number of quality players available on loan that diminishes as the years go by

and after the 4 months?

i imagine the idea would be slow progress, in the summer perhaps sign one permanent player and loan another 3?  no reason why they can't keep loaning people in, it's not like there's a finite number of quality players available on loan that diminishes as the years go by

I'm not overly fond of loaning in general, all it does it allow the stockpiling of young talented players at the clubs with money. It can provide a short term boost sure to the club loaning the player but all it does is help the parent club because they get back the player improved from being able to play regular first team football while the club who loaned the player has to find a way to fill the gap left by him. Ultimately a premier league club should be able to get their own players and develop them not develop another clubs player for them.

The only type of loan I can just about tolerate is a loan with a buyout clause and even then I wonder why bother with the loan bit, if you want him sign him, if he's willing to come on loan he should be willing to join permanently and if not then how committed is he to the club anyway.

it all boils down to the same thing, Everton are well within their rights to use the loan system within the rules as they currently are but I can't help but think of it as short term planning at its worst. If someone like Mike Ashley and Llambias could set up an effective enough scouting system and be able to spot talented players for reasonable enough fee's then surely be to god Everton can too. 

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 20m

Crystal Palace lining up a loan move for Blackburn Rovers striker Leon Best #cpfc #brfc

We should 'Everton' them. He would take no time settling in, would be infinitely better than Shola and I reckon he would compliment any of our attackers well.

Where would Shola be in that pecking order? :lol: I have little doubt Jordan Rhodes would be more useful than Cisse as well so that's 2 forwards an average championship side have that would comfortably make our bench/first team.

Not really.

Barry has been vital to us, granted, but he looks extremely likely to sign on a free in the summer.

Deulofeu is quality but hasn't actually played much all season. Only a few starts before getting injured. McGeady is probably going to take that impact sub role.

Lukaku will be hard to replace but he hasn't been carrying us like the media would have you believe. He's actually been pretty poor since the derby months ago. Traore will be a stop gap to sit on the bench until Martinez can get the striker/s he wants in the summer. Should have a sizeable kitty left from the sales in the summer & now Jelavic going.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 20m

Crystal Palace lining up a loan move for Blackburn Rovers striker Leon Best #cpfc #brfc

We should 'Everton' them. He would take no time settling in, would be infinitely better than Shola and I reckon he would compliment any of our attackers well.

What's Lovenkrands doing these days while we're at it :lol: