Other clubs' transfers

TBG

People over here saying Liverpool want Deulofeu. Can't believe that.

Think Tello would have been good for Liverpool

What does the future hold for Tello? Will he be back at Barca?

Think Tello would have been good for Liverpool

What does the future hold for Tello? Will he be back at Barca?

Latest talk is that we're about to transfer him to Porto permanently.

I believe he's too a limited player to succeed at the top level, but he can carve a decent career for himself just by exploiting his pace.

Seems like Atletico are going to recall Toby Alderweireld at the end of the season to keep; didn't even realise he was on loan.

He said a few weeks ago he wants to go to Spurs and play with Vertonghen again

Seems like Atletico are going to recall Toby Alderweireld at the end of the season to keep; didn't even realise he was on loan.

Might mean Miranda will get shipped. Godin, Gimenez and Alderweireld is still a pretty good selection.

Young, direct and pacey. Yeah has Liverpool written all over it, I can definitely see it.

He's been a failure at Sevilla. If Rogers can finally straighten him up and get the best of him, then he'll be a coup - but I'm starting to lose faith in that being possible.

I just noticed that I could have written the exact same paragraph nine months ago about Balotelli.

Is it just me or have Sterling's quotes been misinterpreted? The way I read it, is that he's turned down £100k because he's not particularly bothered about staying at Liverpool which is fair enough imo. He's not going to win the title there. If he reckons he has a better chance of winning things somewhere else and still play games then good for him. It might backfire like a few other young English players but it's better than just accepting the big payday and settling to finish 3rd-6th every season which is about Liverpool's level.

I'm a little sympathetic too. The problem is that he has a bit of a history of being a flash twat. I'm biased; I like that he says he wants to leave Liverpool to win things :lol:.

I think it's a bit of both. There are going to be interested clubs that are more likely to win things and will also pay him more money. Liverpool can't complain when that's part of the reason they got him in the first place. It would be nice if he said he'd stay, but I can't really condemn him.

Don't know why he's even brought the matter up tbh. Why give an interview to stress that you're definitely not a greedy little cunt and reveal you're turning down £100k a week? :lol:

Little fucking arsehole.

Liverpool can't complain when that's part of the reason they got him in the first place.

:thup: Nobody seems to bring this part of it up.

the way rodgers goes on you'd swear Liverpool are doing him the massive favour and without his expert guidance he would be playing sunday league football or something.

how is it we've got to the point where young players who have achieved absolutely nothing at all think it's reasonable to turn down £100,000 a week? No chance he should ever even be offered that. Not saying he's not good and promising he is, but he's also a winger who's scored 6 goals in a season, hardly Ronaldo.

Until we stop molly coddling and allowing our young talents to go hunting for pay packets before playing time we will never have talent as good as other countries.

Thing is I agree, Liverpool should expect this (Sturridge on 180000 a week isn't) and he's also a very importnat first team member, but something has got f***ed up somewhere

But I repeat he's a winger who's scored 6 goals this season. Someone needs to repeat this to him repeatedly till he cries in the corner. Not that that's not an achievement, but he's not the player he thinks he is, yet and won't be unless he knuckles down and does what all the "top" players do and work their way to earn being hte best.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a good player, but nowhere near world-class. Fair enough if its for footballing reasons, but I can't see him doing better than Liverpool in terms of being a regular starter and main man.

He's at teh right club imo. Going to get lots of game time in a club that wants to win cups and, and will probably be in and out of the champions league if they can keep their players. There's nowhere higher that will give him the game time imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

Coutinho is comfortably better than Sterling imo.

I disagree, Coutinho is another good player, but he's a level below Sterling. Liverpool have some decent players, but they lack world-class players. The one they had left for Barcelona.