Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Yep and I kinda think the domestic market has to be considered flooded, not sure that many more pubs to sign up etc etc. The overseas money may be where there is a load of room for more money but I think it's harder than the marketers think. I also think another scenario may be one of the oligarch types ruinously pulling out of a club suddenly for whatever reason, leaving one of the grand old clubs with massive financial obligations they can't meet. That could lead to a shock to the system.

Yep and I kinda think the domestic market has to be considered flooded, not sure that many more pubs to sign up etc etc. The overseas money may be where there is a load of room for more money but I think it's harder than the marketers think. I also think another scenario may be one of the oligarch types ruinously pulling out of a club suddenly for whatever reason, leaving one of the grand old clubs with massive financial obligations they can't meet. That could lead to a shock to the system.

How many of the grand old clubs are dependent on oligarchs? AC Milan. Can't think of others.

The people that think the bubble is going to burst, do you actually think that or are you talking from a place of hope?

Because quite frankly considering how the PLs reach is growing all the time globally I really see no evidence it's going to do anything but get more ridiculous.

Sky are finding it hard enough now and i can't see Bt Sport growing any further

You are looking at a very narrow viewpoint, the PL isn't as big as it is because of this country and it's TV money.

It's the overseas income which makes it ridiculously massive and the reason the other leagues can't compete financially.

This is not true. The domestic money dwarfs that from overseas, it's about five times more.

I'm not talking about that, I'm saying the PLs reach far outweighs the domestic popularity.

Why do you think it's so popular?  It's because of all the other countries and it's growing all the time. Even if the interest in this country wains the other ones increasing will pick up the slack over time.

Why do you think the likes of Spain and Italy don't get the same TV deals?  It's because on a world scale they are nowhere near as popular.

The bubble may burst in this country, but as long as popularity increases as it is doing in the likes of Asia and Africa it will never actually matter.

Surprised it's only £20m. Rodgers must be gutted.

Doesn't really matter. Griffiths will score loads there anyway

In the SPL aye

Europe? Not a chance. Will never be big in Europe any more. Should have held out for £30m saying that not sure what they're like financially. Do they need money?

Are Everton planning on using Rooney as an out and out striker?

Gonna be interesting to see how they fit in Gylfi, Barkley and Rooney into an attacking midfield spot if they're all at the club come September

Are Everton planning on using Rooney as an out and out striker?

Gonna be interesting to see how they fit in Gylfi, Barkley and Rooney into an attacking midfield spot if they're all at the club come September

If they do I could see it undoing all the work they've done.