Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Trying to look at the bright side of our transfer window, it's going to be sink or swim for Denis Suárez. I have long considered him our best creative midfielder besides Iniesta, but has so far lacked the character to impose himself in games. Valverde seems to fancy him and without Coutinho he's gonna see much more playing time.

The even brighter side is that no way our board doesn't get sacked now.

It hasn't been too bad but I'm still worried, just not sure how Marquez will cope managing the first team.

Not been a great start that's for sure :lol:

You've looked a total shambles, to be frank. But the new players should help.

He did wonders when he managed Badalona a few years ago (my second - or third? - team), but as you allude to that was in the third tier.

We are apparently close to land Di María. Speaks volumes of how things have gone for us this window that I'd actually welcome him warmly.

My GF is happy at least, one of her favorite players.

When does the Spanish window close?

Valencia's "survivors" from last season's squad:

http://eldesmarquevalencia.eldesmarqueporta.netdna-cdn.com/images/stories/201718/VALENCIA_CF/COMPETICION/FRanPlantilla.jpeg

Radical, but probably warranted.

Fucking hell, I know some of them were a bit colourless but did they have to die?  :undecided:

Our DoF saying that Liverpool wanted €200m for Coutinho.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Obviously your DoF is lying through his teeth to save face considering Liverpool never entered any negotiations.

I think they did, LFC obviously dropped a figure they knew we'd never accept.

That's okay, I just wish we had alternatives lined up.

Guest neesy111

Obviously your DoF is lying through his teeth to save face considering Liverpool never entered any negotiations.

I think they did, LFC obviously dropped a figure they knew we'd never accept.

Should go for lemar.

I think they did, LCF obviously dropped a figure they knew we'd never accept.

How would we drop a figure when we never even entered  into any negotiations?

Our stand all through the summer has been the same despite Barca and their board making up stuff all through the summer

Our stand all through the summer has been the same despite Barca and their board making up stuff all through the summer

Personally I think that you would have sold if you had landed Lemar, and the move collapsed because of Lemar staying put. You simply were not going to spend north of 100m for Ox and Lemar and keep also Coutinho in the team. Makes no sense for the squad.

So yeah, Liverpool were fine with selling Coutinho, on their terms. Those just didn't happen. No need to pretend otherwise, Liverpool operated smartly.

I don't understand Chelsea's business/intended business this summer. They were by far the best team in the country last season, with a brilliant manager who'd pioneered the latest formation fad, and a consistent eleven that fell into place perfectly.

To allow one of their linchpins to go to a direct rival and then replace him with Drinkwater, who can't even get in the England team, was bizarre enough in the first place. To then add Barkley, who's pretty much at the same level (but a different style of player obviously), would've made a bizarre situation even stranger. Good thing for them that Morata looks like a good signing.

All this though, as well as Arsenal's latest laughable attempt at the title, Spurs' issues and lack of strengthening, and Liverpool still not having the defense to mount a likely challenge - it's paved the way for Man Utd to scoop-up the title of of nowhere. Which will obviously be grim AF. City might stand in the way but probs not imo.

Personally I think that you would have sold if you had landed Lemar, and the move collapsed because of Lemar staying put. You simply were not going to spend north of 100m for Ox and Lemar and keep also Coutinho in the team. Makes no sense for the squad.

So yeah, Liverpool were fine with selling Coutinho, on their terms. Those just didn't happen. No need to pretend otherwise, Liverpool operated smartly.

Ofcourse that's Barca media were saying so that must be true lol.

Our move for Lemar had nothing to do with Coutinho.Pretty much every reliable journo confirmed it.Ofcourse we were going to spend 100+ mil on Ox and Lemar if we had the chance.

Very early in the window ,in May itself, well before all this nonsense from Barca started , it was well established our midfield tagerts were Keita(had 60 mil bid rejected for him) and Ox which would cost ,guess what? North of 100mil.But obviously we signed Keita for next season so suddenly had the funds allocated for Kieta available this season .Hence tried to sign Lemar at the last minute. It isn't rocket science to see us targetting Lemar stories came up after we announced the Keita deal officially.

Simple fact is we were never interested in selling Countinho this season.Never entered into any negotiations .We put it on our website crystal clear he is staying.

But ofcourse MD and Sport continue to make stuff up despite every reliable journo in England saying to the contrary.