Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest firetotheworks

Benzema's one of the most under-rated players going imo. I think he's absolutely class.

Liverpool have bought Remy, Llana, Markovic, Emre Can and Lambert and that still leaves a bit leftover from the Suarez money.

That's sickening. They can really afford to splurge this summer, as they've hardly used funds outside of what Suarez is bringing in.

That's the downside of buying players based on contract situations. Liverpool spent a lot of money on the likes of Suarez and Torres but the pay off is massive at that level if you sell them at the right time. Them and Spurs are operating at a different level to us.

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs want Vorm on loan and Huntelaar for £15mil

Vorm is temporary but Klaas is permanent

Oh, oh. :clap:

:lol: Are Spurs actually going for Huntelaar or did you just make it up for the purposes of the pun? :lol:

:lol: Are Spurs actually going for Huntelaar or did you just make it up for the purposes of the pun? :lol:

Made up, I believe. Would have been brilliant if real.

Spurs bought a ton of players from outside the league who needed some time, and they also needed a manager that was stable in the head. Not the paranoid Portuguese, or the ranting wideboy. I wouldn't write those players off yet!

Liverpool are in a much better place than Spurs, as their manager has been there for a few seasons now, and after last season, is in a very stable, strong position. They've also been smart in getting some players who have performed in the prem already in Remy and Llana.

Don't think it will be anything like Spurs tbh.

The main difference is that they are doing it while in the Champions League, which gives them more pulling power, plus they have the huge sponsorship deals generating more cash. They can attract better players and pay them more.

Benzema complements the likes of Bale and Ronaldo very well, imho. I agree he's underrated, even the Real Madrid fans I know don't seem to like him much.

Don't understand why Madrid don't realise this. Likewise ADM.

They don't? They haven't sold him yet and only rumours that they're actually looking to bring someone in. I think they wouldn't have sold Higuain had they not realised this tbf.

Benzema complements the likes of Bale and Ronaldo very well, imho. I agree he's underrated, even the Real Madrid fans I know don't seem to like him much.

Don't understand why Madrid don't realise this. Likewise ADM.

They don't? They haven't sold him yet and only rumours that they're actually looking to bring someone in. I think they wouldn't have sold Higuain had they not realised this tbf.

It seems to me whenever Real sign a new Galactico or big money signing - they let the footballing world know that players just below the Galactico level are available for the right price. I don't see Benzema going this season however as they are short on options upfront.

I didn't realize we were the only team not to sign anyone yet.

That's because you bought 4 squads over the last 3 years.

New manager too. Not saying that it's a bad thing, just that I hadn't been paying attention :lol:.

I didn't realize we were the only team not to sign anyone yet.

That's because you bought 4 squads over the last 3 years.

New manager too. Not saying that it's a bad thing, just that I hadn't been paying attention :lol:.

You could do with just taking stock for half a season then maybe go for it in the winter window, or late in this one. Think too much change has happened recently, more could fix it, but really some actual planning would no doubt go further.

There's a team in that squad, its finding the right bits to keep, cutting what's not needed then adding one or two, not the overhaul after overhaul you've been doing it seems for ages now.

Oh I completely agree, I just hadn't realized how active everyone else had been. Apart from Everton, but that nearly goes without saying :lol:

We have soooo many players available - nearly two full teams played against Seattle, while there's pretty much another full team due to come back from the World Cup/injury. It's going to take Poch half a season to get his head round it, and a fair few of the youngsters will have to get loaned out.