Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why would Vorm go there? He isn't going to replace Lloris, who has just extended his contract.

Supposedly Fabianski is now #1 at Swansea, which means Vorm is choosing between #2 at Swansea and #2 with us. We can offer him the Europa Cup games, so it makes some sense.

Benzema

Ronaldo              James              Bale

Kroos      Khedira

???

Probably, a little unsure what this means for Ancelotti's 4-3-3. Presumably Modric and Kroos together with Khedira holding. James could play on the wings too (as if).

@Scottwilsonecho  19m

Kenneth Omeruo (@omeruo22) has used his Twitter account to announce he is rejoining #Boro for another season-long loan.

Impressed during the WC, suspect he'll never play for Chelsea.

Real Madrid's post-World Cup transfer window "scouting" :lol: Aside from Varane, I can't remember the last time they've ever made a bargain transfer or unknown player who turned out to be good. When they signed Modric people were going on about how he wasn't good enough for the transfer fee, but he's risen to it. I'm not counting him because being the best player at Spurs doesn't exactly make you hard to spot.

Real Madrid's post-World Cup transfer window "scouting" :lol: Aside from Varane, I can't remember the last time they've ever made a bargain transfer or unknown player who turned out to be good. When they signed Modric people were going on about how he wasn't good enough for the transfer fee, but he's risen to it. I'm not counting him because being the best player at Spurs doesn't exactly make you hard to spot.

Wasn't Ozil a relative steal? I guess they don't have to really be shy about spending cash.

Wasn't Ozil a relative steal? I guess they don't have to really be shy about spending cash.

€11m rings a bell.

But that is kind of what Real Madrid is all about and always has been. The "Galactico" philosophy is selling kits all over the world and making young children follow Real because their heroes play there. And to be fair they get decent prices when they sell too. That aside they can all go p*** off  :aww:

Wiki says €15m transfer from Werder Bremen. Made quite a pretty penny on him.

But that is kind of what Real Madrid is all about and always has been. The "Galactico" philosophy is selling kits all over the world and making young children follow Real because their heroes play there. And to be fair they get decent prices when they sell too. That aside they can all go p*** off  :aww:

:thup: pretty much. Didn't want to sound like I was arguing with Doc - Ozil was just the only other one who sprang readily to mind, and even he wasn't that cheap, just cheap for RM.

The rest of the time it's like you say. They really don't mind paying a premium so that other clubs do all the work in developing world class players.

Benzema

Ronaldo              James              Bale

Kroos      Khedira

???

Weaker than last seasons team, i expect that to be scoffed at but this isn't Fifa and the best teams will exploit the lack of defensive cover.

:thup: pretty much. Didn't want to sound like I was arguing with Doc - Ozil was just the only other one who sprang readily to mind, and even he wasn't that cheap, just cheap for RM.

The rest of the time it's like you say. They really don't mind paying a premium so that other clubs do all the work in developing world class players.

Ozil was after his performances at the 2010 World Cup, they usually sign one or two of the big stars of those. Look at the two going there now, Ronaldo in 2002, Cannavaro in 2006.

It is enjoyable in a FIFA-esque way, seeing all these greats assembling a supposed 'dream team', but at the same time it is a little grotesque, the way Perez seems to just go "Who are the best attacking players?" and then spunks his big wad of cash on them with no regard to how his manager is supposed to fit them into a team that works, usually at the expense of said manager and an overloading of work on whichever poor b****** has to track back for all these players.

Chelsea and Abramovich do the same, no idea why any self-respecting young player would join them and think he'd ever play.

Ozil was after his performances at the 2010 World Cup, they usually sign one or two of the big stars of those. Look at the two going there now, Ronaldo in 2002, Cannavaro in 2006.

It is enjoyable in a FIFA-esque way, seeing all these greats assembling a supposed 'dream team', but at the same time it is a little grotesque, the way Perez seems to just go "Who are the best attacking players?" and then spunks his big wad of cash on them with no regard to how his manager is supposed to fit them into a team that works, usually at the expense of said manager and an overloading of work on whichever poor b****** has to track back for all these players.

Chelsea and Abramovich do the same, no idea why any self-respecting young player would join them and think he'd ever play.

A lot of it has to do with money, a lot with trophies. I have to think a lot of these young guys also think they are good enough to crack the XI of the big sides.

Most of the time they are at least good enough to be used regularly in cups and games against weaker sides, but even then they never seem to get a look in, usually get loaned out season after season while big money is spent on players in their position and never actually get to play for their parent club. Complete waste of money from the club and waste of important years of development in a player's career.

I got you, Romelu.