Other clubs' transfers

TBG

West Ham are lining up a move for Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, 33, as they look to bolster their attacking options after Samuel Eto'o priced himself out of a move to Upton Park

Classic Big Sam

Gary Medel for £10m to Inter.

£10m? :lol:  I know he was decent in the WC and all but that Chile team was a sum of it's parts with the odd world class player thrown in (Alexis, Vidal)

I will never stop enjoying the "anyone who leaves Western Europe is a mercenary wasting their career" paradigm on this place. :lol: As if Valbuena is not going to a big club in an big league (the same strength as France according to UEFA) that will be playing in Europe next season.

Anyway, I will miss Mathieu. He was a great little player for OM, tbh, and I am happy he has finally gotten some recognition internationally and with Les Blues the last few years.

You'd think he could move to one of the top 3-4 leagues though.

£10m? :lol:  I know he was decent in the WC and all but that Chile team was a sum of it's parts with the odd world class player thrown in (Alexis, Vidal)

He's easily worth 10m IMO if you look at others worth even more than that

That's less than Cardiff paid for him.

HADS THERE, JI DONG-WON PLAYS FOR DORTMUND?

When the fuck did this happen?

Just saw he bagged a brace in a 10-0 win today :lol:

They've been long-term admirers since his time in Korea. Bought him off Sunderland and then loaned him to Augusburg for the second half of last season.

Kid was a big talent before he made the mistake of going to Sunderland. I'm not getting my hopes up but maybe he'll do well at Dortmund.

I thought QPR got done for FFP? How can they still buy players?

They would have had a transfer embargo if they hadn't been promoted.  But because they were promoted they were fined around £50m (?) instead.  I assume the logic is that if they don't get promoted a fine will only make things worse so just stop them buying anyone until they can show they are ok financially.  While if they do get promoted they receive £60m minimum extra cash from TV but shouldn't be allowed to benefit straight away due to getting their on false pretenses (pissing money) so its basically taken off them for their first season back.  If they spend big now they're going to get fined big again next season, so I doubt we'll see them spending much cash.

This is just what I read earlier in the year, no sure how it ended up panning out as I'm sure they will have appealed against the fine.