Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I know they were a bit shit the other day but people are going over the top about them getting beat in that match (like they did last season) and as soon as the competitive stuff starts they were a different animal.

Even in the DFB-Pokal last season he played that formation and totally nullified Dortmund as well as in the game at Dortmund last year when he played a more direct game and Martinez played further forward he outfoxed Klopp then as well

Here's a canny read about what he's trying to do this season anyway.

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2014/8/5/5960443/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactics-3-4-3-formation-lineup

Think Lewandowski definitely gives them something extra as for me he's the best out and out centre forward around at the moment.

Not sure if it's just me but it seems to be the in thing at the moment to want Guardiola to fail so people can come out and tell you how overrated he is and he only did what he did at Barcelona because of the players he had to work with.

He did a great job at Barca obviously, only a fool would say otherwise but I haven't liked him at Bayern because he has changed too much. Now I know under Heynches Bayern also liked to keep the ball but they were a lot more direct than this Bayern. It's like Pep was too stubborn to admit that Heynches had a good system and decided to change it significantly just so it would be "his" team

Don't want him to fail at all, more people like him in the game would only be a good thing but TBF to Bayern they should win every game they play domestically home or away so it's hard to read to much in to domestic games such is their strength compared to everyone else. Just happens that sometimes when you play against the very best, having more than 1 orthodox centre back on the pitch is actually needed whatever you believe. He should know this from his time at Barça who were at their best with the centre pairing and Busquets sweeping/dropping to make a 3.

:thup: When judging Bayern their league form should almost totally be disregarded such is their financial and personnel advantage. A poster here continually tries to tell me that Ribery is better than Robben because Ribery plays well in the league apparently which doesn't matter a jot for Bayern

I know they were a bit s*** the other day but people are going over the top about them getting beat in that match (like they did last season) and as soon as the competitive stuff starts they were a different animal.

Even in the DFB-Pokal last season he played that formation and totally nullified Dortmund as well as in the game at Dortmund last year when he played a more direct game and Martinez played further forward he outfoxed Klopp then as well

Here's a canny read about what he's trying to do this season anyway.

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2014/8/5/5960443/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactics-3-4-3-formation-lineup

Think Lewandowski definitely gives them something extra as for me he's the best out and out centre forward around at the moment.

Not sure if it's just me but it seems to be the in thing at the moment to want Guardiola to fail so people can come out and tell you how overrated he is and he only did what he did at Barcelona because of the players he had to work with.

I want him to fail because he's a boring arsehole.

Nastasic has been made available by Man City.

He's a very good CB, would be perfect for us.

Wouldn't be confident of getting him as I think he'd be looking for a bigger/better club but he's a player we should be making the effort to try and sign. At least ask the question to him and City. We won't though.

Nastasic has been made available by Man City.

He's a very good CB, would be perfect for us.

Wouldn't be confident of getting him as I think he'd be looking for a bigger/better club but he's a player we should be making the effort to try and sign. At least ask the question to him and City. We won't though.

Wonder if he's got proper injury problems? Think he's very good personally. Arsenal could do a lot worse.

Holtby on the move it seems. I love him, silly Tottenham.

If I'd been in charge it'd have been him and Siggy to replace Gozza and Cabaye.

Where did the Holtby stuff come from?

Not all that surprised, but a little disappointed. We need to trim the squad, there were noises that he was not that highly thought of (before Poch), and we can make a tidy profit on him to spend elsewhere. There are other players I'd rather lose though.

Apparently there are a handful of players who have been told they can leave and who we have accepted offers for, but they want to stay. You can pretty much guarantee that one such is Dawson.

Where did the Holtby stuff come from?

Not all that surprised, but a little disappointed. We need to trim the squad, there were noises that he was not that highly thought of (before Poch), and we can make a tidy profit on him to spend elsewhere. There are other players I'd rather lose though.

Apparently there are a handful of players who have been told they can leave and who we have accepted offers for, but they want to stay. You can pretty much guarantee that one such is Dawson.

Reckon Lamela will fare better under Poche? Liked him a lot in Italy, and would love to see him succeed in England.

VI what was he like in Italy? Don't really get his game when I watch him. They play him out wide, but he doesn't appear to like taking people on, seems to drift to the centre a lot of the time, and ends up playing little one-twos, and looking to play that way.

VI what was he like in Italy? Don't really get his game when I watch him. They play him out wide, but he doesn't appear to like taking people on, seems to drift to the centre a lot of the time, and ends up playing little one-twos, and looking to play that way.

He does drift to the centre, that's pretty much his game. Diagonal runs behind the defenders or getting late into the box. He took people on without problems there, though.

He does drift to the centre, that's pretty much his game. Diagonal runs behind the defenders or getting late into the box. He took people on without problems there, though.

Pretty much this - I'd like to have him and Eriksen on the pitch at the same time but that might not be the best idea. Lamela is worryingly one-footed though. I actually think he'd be more effective as an out-and-out LW, but he seems to see himself as CRonaldo. Lovely touch, good vision; if he gets a run in the team then Poch might find a way to build the team around him. We've clearly got a long way to go though. Let's see what happens when the World Cup guys are all back and up to speed.

Tbf I don't recall him playing on the right of the attack at Spurs much. That's where he played for Roma, quite a similar role to the one Ben Arfa occupied for us during our brief 433 stint.

He would create problems due to his excellent dribbling ability and technical prowess and because of Totti he would make a lot of runs beyond him into the box.

Never thought he's looked very comfortable as a central player, he likes to drive into central positions rather than start there from what I have seen.

If I was Spurs I'd actually consider a change to a 433, but they would need someone to better to fill the LW void and a better CM.