Other clubs' transfers

TBG

VI what was he like in Italy? Don't really get his game when I watch him. They play him out wide, but he doesn't appear to like taking people on, seems to drift to the centre a lot of the time, and ends up playing little one-twos, and looking to play that way.

Tbf I don't recall him playing on the right of the attack at Spurs much. That's where he played for Roma, quite a similar role to the one Ben Arfa occupied for us during our brief 433 stint.

He would create problems due to his excellent dribbling ability and technical prowess and because of Totti he would make a lot of runs beyond him into the box.

Never thought he's looked very comfortable as a central player, he likes to drive into central positions rather than start there from what I have seen.

If I was Spurs I'd actually consider a change to a 433, but they would need someone to better to fill the LW void and a better CM.

Are you thinking Lamela on the right up front? I think Poch may be thinking along those lines too, and that's why he's looking for Schneiderlin to be the man in the middle. We have umpteen players who can be buzzing around Schneiderlin in midfield, and LW would likely be Townsend/Lennon/Eriksen/Chadli. In other words, yeah, maybe we need a better LW :lol:. Like I said, it's looking more and more likely that Eriksen and Lamela will not quite dovetail - although Eriksen is arguably the best option of the four above.

VI what was he like in Italy? Don't really get his game when I watch him. They play him out wide, but he doesn't appear to like taking people on, seems to drift to the centre a lot of the time, and ends up playing little one-twos, and looking to play that way.

Tbf I don't recall him playing on the right of the attack at Spurs much. That's where he played for Roma, quite a similar role to the one Ben Arfa occupied for us during our brief 433 stint.

He would create problems due to his excellent dribbling ability and technical prowess and because of Totti he would make a lot of runs beyond him into the box.

Never thought he's looked very comfortable as a central player, he likes to drive into central positions rather than start there from what I have seen.

If I was Spurs I'd actually consider a change to a 433, but they would need someone to better to fill the LW void and a better CM.

Are you thinking Lamela on the right up front? I think Poch may be thinking along those lines too, and that's why he's looking for Schneiderlin to be the man in the middle. We have umpteen players who can be buzzing around Schneiderlin in midfield, and LW would likely be Townsend/Lennon/Eriksen/Chadli. In other words, yeah, maybe we need a better LW :lol:. Like I said, it's looking more and more likely that Eriksen and Lamela will not quite dovetail - although Eriksen is arguably the best option of the four above.

What's your strongest XI, in your opinion?

Aye basically.

Eriksen alongside a DM and another CM who ever that maybe.

Basically where he played for Ajax so I think it would work, as for the LW position considering how this seemingly would work on paper it might explain the tentative Jay Rodriguez links.

Think he would work quite well with what Spurs has currently.

Spurs definitely need to decide on an 11 and stick with it, so it gels. They've ended up with so many winger/attacking midfielder types, and it's all a bit jumbled up.

I honestly think they're dysfunctional midfield setup had a lot to do with poor old Soldado's dismal first season.

Spurs definitely need to decide on an 11 and stick with it, so it gels. They've ended up with so many winger/attacking midfielder types, and it's all a bit jumbled up.

I honestly think they're dysfunctional midfield setup had a lot to do with poor old Soldado's dismal first season.

I think Soldado was just the wrong type of player for how we seemed to want to play. There are a lot of things I like about him, but I've said elsewhere that a battering ram like Bony would have actually made more sense. It does look as though Poch does not think Soldado is the guy he's looking for, too.

I do agree that a set 11 would help, although injuries regularly fucked that up for us last year (as usual). Trouble is, it's hard to have a set 11 with so many competitions. We had 1 player with 33+ apps in the Prem, Liverpool (for example) had 5. Then you look at the rest - only 15 more Liverpool players were used as starters, making a total number of 20. The total number for Spurs was 28.

Liverpool clearly benefited from having a settled side. They played five additional games, we played 15 - as, I think, did Man U. The trick is to develop a style of play that the squad can slot into. Ferguson was terrific at this. It remains to be seen whether Rodgers and Poch can achieve it.

Apparently Eduardo Vargas has chose QPR over Sunderland. Only on loan, but that's another superb signing for QPR.

Superb signing? Didn't even do that well in the Brazilian league tbh.

Great player at international level but has yet to do anything in European football.

Extremely disappointing for Chile in the WC for me. Didn't cause any trouble in the games. Scoring in friendly doesn't count for much. Lets not forget that Beausejour is a good player for Chile as well ;)