Other clubs' transfers

TBG

32. He's getting on, but not finished yet.

His legs started to go last season, but used adequately he's still an amazing player. Actually Real Madrid will greatly notice his loss unless Illarra steps up to the plate (or they sign somebody else).

They'll probably play Kroos in his role tbh, in fact I'm convinced now that he was bought as Alonso's long term replacement.

Even Khedira isn't a typical "defensive midfielder", certainly in the past year or so he seems to have been getting beyond the midfield more and more. Extremely smart player.

Let's be fair, Real Madrid don't really need a defensive midfielder per se. I think they'll do fine. Mind, if they have any choice in the matter, it's odd to let Alonso go. He's not finished just yet.

Don't know if it's already been posted here, but the Tottenham purchase of Fazio (central defender) from Seville (I think) is a great transfer. He really is class and a leader, he's hard in the tackle, reasonably fast and can pass the ball, reminds me of a younger Vidic.

He will transform spurs' defence...

I remember someone on here claiming Haangeland was crap when Fulham signed him, and it was the same when Lovren signed for Southampton.

Centre backs are so difficult to judge, as this league is quite different. Fazio looks like a physical specimen, which could work for him here. With those mini spaniards whizzing about under his feet, he probably kept falling over.

Ironic that our very own MYM was lauded on here, only to be relegated to beneath Steven Taylor. Frightening.

Problem with Fazio is that he's thick as a brick. He has great physicality, and will do his share of last-ditch blockings and recoveries that will make him look good, but he's prone to clangers, terrible decision-making and Titus Bramblesque acts of WTF defending.

It's the kind of guy that you look at him and think "when he sorts out his mental game, he'll be great". But Sevilla have been waiting for that for 8 years, and eventually have given up.