Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Southampton sign right back Cuco Martina meaning they have a bit of competition for places in their back 4. Mugs

About to become the next Southampton spending money like that.

He clearly doesn't give a shit about playing at a decent level, but I mean can you blame him, if someone offered you £250k a week to play in a league where you will quite clearly boss, would you say no?

He clearly doesn't give a shit about playing at a decent level, but I mean can you blame him, if someone offered you £250k a week to play in a league where you will quite clearly boss, would you say no?

Hell no, I'd play in Syria for £250k/week. :lol:

Even then i couldn't see it happening, Robben is their best player. But the whole two players plus cash thing makes it glaringly obvious. :lol:

I remember when you used to think Ribery was the better player...

I still do think that, but Ribery isn't the same player anymore. This may come as a shock but things change.

Going to say I was wrong just because I don't like agreeing with Mole ;). Seriosuly though, at the time Ribery was their most important player, no doubt in my mind. He's had some injuries lately tbf to him and Robben might always have been more talented but under Heynckes he was quite inconsistent. Been better under Pep.

At the time Ribery was basically what Hazard is for Chelsea now, extremely consistent and efficient with a good work rate. No doubt he was there best player, particularly in the league over the course of the season.

Part of me hopes Liverpool get super prideful about this Sterling business, by refusing Citeh's offer and letting Sterling rot in reserves for two years (missing out on the crucial professional formative development he wants/needs to be the player he wants to be and earn the mula he wants to earn) as a lesson to him. Obviously they'd withdraw the £100k p/w contract they previously offered. They would be flushing £35.5m down the drain for the sake of:

- not being a feeder club for Citeh

- showing players (current and target alike), that the club is bigger than they are, and protecting Liverpool's proud reputation

- enjoying the financial benefits of being a big club in the long-term (rather than mid-tier/secondary to Citeh/Chelski etc)

Cloud cuckoo land, I know, but it'd be nice.

It'd send out a terrible message to the young players that they have at the club. It'd be 'our way or you rot in the reserves'. The next time contracts are up for renewal, the talented kids will leave for a less restrictive club.

Or they could learn not to try and extort the club if they make a breakthrough?

How is it extortion? He hasn't said that he'd stop playing if he didn't get a new contract. He's just said he won't be signing a new contract. How the fuck is that extortion?

Why do people routinely side with rich clubs and rich owners over shit like this? It's completely baffling.

I'm extrapolating from him being an on-field twat tbh.

Science ftw ( - if reports about him refusing to go on pre-season tour are correct).

Guest Roger Kint

Pretty good signings for Boro if they do confirm Given & Downing today/tomorrow. Seen quite a few mackems thinking SD would be theres no problem. I assume they have already got 2/3 Chelsea youngsters in too by now? Get a replacement for Bamford and they will be up there again.