Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Delph says he's not going to Man City:

"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

So when's he leaving then?

"I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

how very odd, if your not going to go why have an £8m release clause put in your contract

Guest neesy111

how very odd, if your not going to go why have an £8m release clause put in your contract

Well, he may want to join a club where he would get a game.

Well, well, well.

Fabian Delph, Well done, squire.

Clearly a last minute change of mind. I reckon he read my rant on here, thought "well, fuck my old boots, this bloke has a point" and opted to stay.

Okay, I can't say I have watched Aston Villa much this season (was there any reason?)

There certainly was a reason - if you were suicidal and looking for that last little "shove" to push you over the edge.

Any reason why Porto are throwing their modus operandi out the window for a faltering goalkeeper? Related to the Danillo deal?

I know Helton is s*** n all but...

My guess is that Lopetegui wants him. Both keepers and Real Madrid fans, already worked with him when Lopetegui was Spain's goalkeeping coach...