Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Palace linked with Coloccini!

:mike: :mike: :mike:

Oh please let it happen  :lol:

Edit: Actually, I dunno I wish Colo had left a year or two ago when he was still good. It's all got a bit undignified. Pardew would be a loon to give him a contract

Aye I know but his wages will surely dwarf anyone in the Porto squad. Not that it matters like, bit of a coup for them I guess.

Real Madrid will pay a part of his wages. That's been the main holdup in the talks and they finally relented.

Pedro to Chelsea in one of our local rags. Makes no sense if he wants to leave in search of playing time.

He'd surely get a fair amount of playing time there when the likes of Willian, Cuadrado and Oscar are his competition down the right?

Not quite as steep as that Argentinian lad ye have.

Pedro to Chelsea in one of our local rags. Makes no sense if he wants to leave in search of playing time.

I'm not too interested in Spanish football but why didn't Atletico include him in the Turan deal, seems like a player that would do well under Simeone?

I'm not too interested in Spanish football but why didn't Atletico include him in the Turan deal, seems like a player that would do well under Simeone?

They just spent a load of money propping up their front line with Vietto and Jackson Martínez. They are better off using their resources elsewhere at this point.

He'd surely get a fair amount of playing time there when the likes of Willian, Cuadrado and Oscar are his competition down the right?

Not quite as steep as that Argentinian lad ye have.

That's 3 players of quality, hardly little competition. Even if Mou will probably like Pedro's workrate, he doesn't have Cuadrado or Willian's athleticism. Nor Oscar's technique - if he's allowed to use that again.

Oh look, another attacking winger to maybe rot on Chelsea's bench.

No way has money changed Man City fans.

This has been nothing more than a step in a process where we interviewed a player to assess general suitability and cost benefit. The player (Delph for those guessing) listened to the likes of Andy Gray bleating his nonsense about Milner only getting half a dozen games last season, whereas he must have started 30+ (some CL) and played in 40+ overall, and took advice from our old mate Micah, who wasn't good enough to get a game with us but who steadfastly refused to transfer because nobody else would pay him half of what we were overpaying him.

The player was nervous, was he good enough to earn a place in our 1st 11? He wasn't sure and he didn't have the courage or ambition to make the move without our guaranteeing him game-time, but we were never going to do that because it's the manager's selection and, in any case, we wouldn't want to employ a player who didn't have the courage and self confidence to want to earn his shirt.

Not a problem to the player, as he can stay at the little club where he's a big fish in a small puddle, and we can breath a big sigh of relief because we found him out as the bottle merchant he was before we entered into contract . . phew . . nice one. Now move on.

Meanwhile Ashley Westwood reckons he's been talking to Delph all through it and he was never going anywhere.

Guest chopey

They have point looking at it from their perspective but I'm just hoping that his decision to stay will be the beginning of the end of  super rich clubs having huge squads

Just caught up on the Delph news. UEFA need to get rid of this home grown thing like it's ridiculous players that they wouldn't give a shite about get put into positions where stupid money above their ability is turning their heads to potentially ruin their careers.