Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Barry, Lukaku, Deulofeu and Traore on loan - back to square one in the summer.

Not really.

Barry has been vital to us, granted, but he looks extremely likely to sign on a free in the summer.

Deulofeu is quality but hasn't actually played much all season. Only a few starts before getting injured. McGeady is probably going to take that impact sub role.

Lukaku will be hard to replace but he hasn't been carrying us like the media would have you believe. He's actually been pretty poor since the derby months ago. Traore will be a stop gap to sit on the bench until Martinez can get the striker/s he wants in the summer. Should have a sizeable kitty left from the sales in the summer & now Jelavic going.

Yup, exactly agree as mentioned. :thup:

And that last bit is the bit I inferred but didn't want to go into. Our money has a funny way of disappearing into oblivion. :whistle:

He's 3rd/4th choice at Blackburn isn't he? Is that what we're resorting to? :lol:

Him and Routledge seemed to have become a lot better since being our players like.

Yeah I never rated Best, ever.

He would also definitely be worse than Shola Ameobi who has started games this season/year.

I would say it was the other way round tbh, after getting over a settling period most appreciated he was a useful player. Now we no longer have Ba, Cisse's form has gone to shit and Best is laughable as a squad player? :dontknow:

Agudelo to Stoke happened, he's on loan at Utrecht presumably until he can get a work permit.

Glad he's going on loan to the Eredivisie. Can't see him amounting to much in the PL at this point. Probably just rot on their bench too.

He's 3rd/4th choice at Blackburn isn't he? Is that what we're resorting to? :lol:

Him and Routledge seemed to have become a lot better since being our players like.

He would also definitely be worse than Shola Ameobi who has started games this season/year.

I would say it was the other way round tbh, after getting over a settling period most appreciated he was a useful player. Now we no longer have Ba, Cisse's form has gone to shit and Best is laughable as a squad player? :dontknow:

Shola got 35 minutes yesterday, signing Best on loan :yao:

#notbitter

Yaya Toure's gone where?

This, Toure is so f***ing good he can be absurd frequently. Love watching him play

Aye. Should be mentioned when talking about the best players in the world, the bloke is pure class.

#notbitter

We should be aiming a lot higher than Leon Best.

#notbitter

We should be aiming a lot higher than Leon Best.

Should and will are completely different things, unfortunately under Ashley I will wank into a Lynx lid if we got Best alongside another forward to pad out our squad. Best is light years ahead of the player who is getting plenty of minutes/starting games at the moment.

Shola is injury prone, in fact he is constantly injured even when he does play.

Would you rather Best or Shola? Personally I would rather De Jong and Gomis and see how that pans out but I wouldn't be turning my nose up at Best given how likely it is Ashley will be splashing out. Even if he has come back from his injury as a paraplegic I can't see him being any less useful than Shola now he has his 2 good games out of the way.

Didn't you spend a fair portion of the summer advocating being better than Shola isn't a good enough reason for us to be buying a forward?

I did indeed, did the same with Downing. That was down to players like Downing costing £5m + silly wages which will make Ashley shit his pants and close his wallet.

Not sure how that relates to wanting to sign Leon Best on loan from Blackburn who will cost us basically fuck all and will improve our squad :dontknow:

Shola is injury prone, in fact he is constantly injured even when he does play.

Shola is definitely not as injury prone as Best.

He can't be far off but we (you) are just being silly now.

To strip it down to the very basics, who you would rather start/come off the bench for us? Shola or Best?