Other clubs' transfers

TBG

J. Ayew confirmed fro Villa. If it's £10m they've been robbed.

Yeah, Jordan is just OK. Good pace, aggressive player, and decent dribbler, but he isn't a particularly good finisher, imo, has very little physical presence and is not very intelligent at all.

I think he will contribute at Villa, tbf, and is young enough to improve quite a bit, but it is an underwhelming response to selling their two best players. Amavi has a lot of talent, though I'm not sure moving to Villa is the best option for his development.

Swansea got the best Ayew bro. I've always liked André, I'm happy to see him in a league were I'll be able to watch him more often.

It is an insult to compare the two. I think Andre could contribute for a title contender in central midfield. One of my favourite players today.

Yeah, Jordan is just OK. Good pace, aggressive player, and decent dribbler, but he isn't a particularly good finisher, imo, has very little physical presence and is not very intelligent at all.

I think he will contribute at Villa, tbf, and is young enough to improve quite a bit, but it is an underwhelming response to selling their two best players. Amavi has a lot of talent, though I'm not sure moving to Villa is the best option for his development.

Sounds like him and Gabby will be sharing finishing tips then. 

Sergio Romero to Man Utd

How'd they sneak this one in then?

Going to be great laughs when they end up with Victor Valdes, David De Gea and Sergio Romero in their squad all year. Especially when we're rocking a Karl Darlow in our starting XI.

It isn't, it is 8m plus bonuses.

Ayew had been told he could leave for that, then we took an interest and Lorient hiked the price massively. We said no, Ayew said he was annoyed, and apparently has foregone some pay outs he was due from Lorient to make it happen.

The way I look at it, this is a replacement for Weimann - sold him to Derby for 2.5, thrown 5.5 more in and got Ayew in instead.

Villa a strong candidate to go down this season?

Would say so.

Not a chance

Decent purchases so far and we've barely made a dent on our transfer cash yet. It looks like we've sat down and thought about who we're going to buy, and have realised we need to start spending a bit more money.

Three more decent signings and we'll finish top half.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/psg-bid-angel-di-maria-manchester-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain are in advanced negotiations for Ángel Di María, with the French club having offered €40m (£28.5m) to buy the 27-year-old.

The fee is less than half the British record £59.7m United paid Real Madrid for Di María 12 months ago. Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, is thought to be resisting PSG’s offer as he seeks a higher price. Although Louis van Gaal had wanted the Argentinian to stay the manager now accepts Di María wishes to leave and so there would be some surprise if he were still at the club when the transfer window closes on 1 September.

Would say so.

Not a chance

Decent purchases so far and we've barely made a dent on our transfer cash yet. It looks like we've sat down and thought about who we're going to buy, and have realised we need to start spending a bit more money.

In any case - he's shit. I admit it's personal but i've followed his national career closely and he's terrible pretty much every time out. He's not without talent, decent pace, decent dribbler. He's frustrating as hell, can get into decent positions but the final product is usually awful. Whenever he starts I get upset. If he wasn't Abedi's son and played in Ligue 1 I don't think he would have so many caps at this point.

At an age he can become a good player though. And he certainly has some tools.  But wouldn't be suprised if you hated him by January.

Would say so.

Not a chance

In any case - he's shit. I admit it's personal but i've followed his national career closely and he's terrible pretty much every time out. He's not without talent, decent pace, decent dribbler. He's frustrating as hell, can get into decent positions but the final product is usually awful. Whenever he starts I get upset. If he wasn't Abedi's son and played in Ligue 1 I don't think he would have so many caps at this point.

At an age he can become a good player though. And he certainly has some tools.  But wouldn't be suprised if you hated him by January.

If he's got pace and get get into decent positions and has some tools, he's already significantly better than most of the utter fucking dreck we've had playing for us the last few years, believe me.

re Verretout (of whom I know next to nothing) is that we recently appointed Hendrik Almstadt our sporting director. Almstadt worked at Arsenal where he spent a lot of time  workingwith Wenger and, to a lesser extent, Tom Fox (then their CCO, now our CEO) on linking the football and commercial sides of the business.

It seems that there was a process under way, which stalled, to bring Verretout to Arsenal, and that Almstadt was deeply involved in that deal. It could be that this - unlikely sounding - deal is getting to be possible based on that relationship.

In the wider story, I do wonder how come, after five years of cunting around in the transfer market like idiots, we've suddenly started to look like we know what we want to achieve, and we've invested time in finding the players to help us do it.

In other news, apparently Charles N'Zogbia has this evening tweeted something about "politics", removed all Villa references from his twitter profile, and changed his profile pic to a banner saying OFFLINE.

I hope that's because he's offski.