Other clubs' transfers

TBG

N'Zogbia :lol: forgot he existed.

I'll do you a demonstration of what he does.

*puts laptop aside, stands up, runs into wall*

*waits 20 minutes*

*repeats*

Him, Aaron Hughes and Habib Fucking Beye.

Three players we had who had NUFC on their cv and all absolutely shit. And N'Zogbia and Beye were SO shit, I almost feel bad about putting Hughes on that list.

Milner was mint, mind.

Guest firetotheworks

All of them were very good/excellent for us as well. :lol: Milner was miles better for you than he was for us though.

All of them were very good/excellent for us as well. :lol: Milner was miles better for you than he was for us though.

Milner was fucking great for us.

I love him. Of all the decent players we've sold and utterly failed to replace the last few years, he's the one Villa fans would most like back. Honestly, I genuinely love him, with his endless work rate, decent technique and quirky 1940s, wartime schoolboy haircut that makes him look like he should be holding a gas mask and waving goodbye to his parents on a smoggy railway platform.

Aaron Hughes was absolutely not very good/excellent for us, like. When he was RB for us during Bobby's time he was regularly the weakest link on the field. Pretty solid CB in general, mind and shouldn't have been sold given the crap that ended up playing instead in the coming seasons.

Beye was mint, it's only now with Janmaat that we have actually got someone as good as him at RB.

It's amazing that we'd had Colo, Bassong, and Beye all in defence the year we went down yet were shocking defensively. All pretty good players on their own, but that season we had a shocker. I think it was mostly down to what was in front of them.

All of them were very good/excellent for us as well. [emoji38] Milner was miles better for you than he was for us though.

Milner was fucking great for us.

I love him. Of all the decent players we've sold and utterly failed to replace the last few years, he's the one Villa fans would most like back. Honestly, I genuinely love him, with his endless work rate, decent technique and quirky 1940s, wartime schoolboy haircut that makes him look like he should be holding a gas mask and waving goodbye to his parents on a smoggy railway platform.

[emoji38]

N'Zogbia :lol: forgot he existed.

I'll do you a demonstration of what he does.

*puts laptop aside, stands up, runs into wall*

*waits 20 minutes*

*repeats*

Him, Aaron Hughes and Habib f***ing Beye.

Three players we had who had NUFC on their cv and all absolutely s***. And N'Zogbia and Beye were SO s***, I almost feel bad about putting Hughes on that list.

Milner was mint, mind.

Your forgetting wor nobby as well he had a decent spell for you lot when he left us 1st time round

re Verretout (of whom I know next to nothing) is that we recently appointed Hendrik Almstadt our sporting director. Almstadt worked at Arsenal where he spent a lot of time  workingwith Wenger and, to a lesser extent, Tom Fox (then their CCO, now our CEO) on linking the football and commercial sides of the business.

It seems that there was a process under way, which stalled, to bring Verretout to Arsenal, and that Almstadt was deeply involved in that deal. It could be that this - unlikely sounding - deal is getting to be possible based on that relationship.

In the wider story, I do wonder how come, after five years of c***ing around in the transfer market like idiots, we've suddenly started to look like we know what we want to achieve, and we've invested time in finding the players to help us do it.

In other news, apparently Charles N'Zogbia has this evening tweeted something about "politics", removed all Villa references from his twitter profile, and changed his profile pic to a banner saying OFFLINE.

I hope that's because he's offski.

Veretout is a good young player, an upgrade on Westwood.

re Verretout (of whom I know next to nothing) is that we recently appointed Hendrik Almstadt our sporting director. Almstadt worked at Arsenal where he spent a lot of time  workingwith Wenger and, to a lesser extent, Tom Fox (then their CCO, now our CEO) on linking the football and commercial sides of the business.

It seems that there was a process under way, which stalled, to bring Verretout to Arsenal, and that Almstadt was deeply involved in that deal. It could be that this - unlikely sounding - deal is getting to be possible based on that relationship.

In the wider story, I do wonder how come, after five years of c***ing around in the transfer market like idiots, we've suddenly started to look like we know what we want to achieve, and we've invested time in finding the players to help us do it.

In other news, apparently Charles N'Zogbia has this evening tweeted something about "politics", removed all Villa references from his twitter profile, and changed his profile pic to a banner saying OFFLINE.

I hope that's because he's offski.

Veretout is a good young player, an upgrade on Westwood.

Veretout is supposed to be the next big thing apparently. Which Jordan is next?

Guest firetotheworks

Aaron Hughes was absolutely not very good/excellent for us, like. When he was RB for us during Bobby's time he was regularly the weakest link on the field. Pretty solid CB in general, mind and shouldn't have been sold given the crap that ended up playing instead in the coming seasons.

Give over. You know and I know that his versatility as a backup was why he was a very good player to have around and certainly worth more than the £1.5m we sold him for.

Villa a strong candidate to go down this season?

Would say so.

Not a chance

Decent purchases so far and we've barely made a dent on our transfer cash yet. It looks like we've sat down and thought about who we're going to buy, and have realised we need to start spending a bit more money.

Three more decent signings and we'll finish top half.

You sound like a Mackem

Villa a strong candidate to go down this season?

Would say so.

Not a chance

Decent purchases so far and we've barely made a dent on our transfer cash yet. It looks like we've sat down and thought about who we're going to buy, and have realised we need to start spending a bit more money.

Three more decent signings and we'll finish top half.

You sound like a Mackem

:lol:

West Bromwich Albion ‏@WBAFCofficial 42m42 minutes ago

Ok, this is getting silly now. So let us make it clear. There has been NO bid for Saido. That's it. Carry on everyone #wba

Ok, this is getting silly now. So let us make it clear. There has been NO bid for Saido. That's it. Carry on everyone #wba

Bit passive aggressive :lol:

Bit passive aggressive :lol:

Impressive they found someone in Sandwell who can write, mind.