Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Brummie, Any truth in use being linked with Michu?

I read about it last night, but have no idea if it is true. Apparently came from a journalist in La Coruna (saying Deportivo had failed to sign him as he is coming to us).

Might be a decent punt if he's still physically realistic.

We're signing a lot of real promise, we could do with a few more experienced players.

Interesting season ahead for use like, some exciting signings plus more to come, pressure on Sherwood in his first full season. Any idea how you will line up assuming you secure your targets?

Maybe:

Guzan

Hutton - Clark - Richards - Amavi

Sanchez Westwood

Gil or Grealish - Veretout - Ayew

Gestede / Adebayor / Kozak

Brummie, Any truth in use being linked with Michu?

I read about it last night, but have no idea if it is true. Apparently came from a journalist in La Coruna (saying Deportivo had failed to sign him as he is coming to us).

Might be a decent punt if he's still physically realistic.

We're signing a lot of real promise, we could do with a few more experienced players.

Interesting season ahead for use like, some exciting signings plus more to come, pressure on Sherwood in his first full season. Any idea how you will line up assuming you secure your targets?

Maybe:

Guzan

Hutton - Clark - Richards - Amavi

Sanchez Westwood

Gil or Grealish - Veretout - Ayew

Gestede / Adebayor / Kozak

Gueye will surely start?

Late to the disapprovement party I see.

"Disapproval"

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2007/07/kells_disapproving.gif

:buck2:

:lol: Is "disapprovement" not a word then?

Not in the sense of English as spoken by the Queen and her subjects. Maybe the Americans use it, mind.

Jordan Ayew would be awful at LAM. Awful.

I've always considered Richards too dumb to play CB.

I'm just throwing names onto the pitch and not really thinking about positions.

I agree re Richards. I am not massively convinced at all with him at CB. He's done ok in preseason, but remains to be seen how that pans out.

Gestede is a bit of a beast. Looked good last season. Surprised more clubs aren't chasing him.

Villa looking to replace Benteke with a number of strikers is smart.

Gestede is a bit of a beast. Looked good last season. Surprised more clubs aren't chasing him.

Villa looking to replace Benteke with a number of strikers is smart.

As I said the other day, the thing I am impressed with so far is that we've clearly been working on a list of players we'd decided on a while back. It is almost - almost - as if, for the first time since Lerner bought us, we've started to realise that to make the most of your money, you need to be clever about who you buy.

I can barely begin to explain properly how much I wish we'd been a proper set-up when Lerner turned up and MON started spunking huge sums on meh players.