Other clubs' transfers

TBG

And he always has a multi-million-pound experienced alternative that he's just signed. Why should he bother with young players, as Semtex says his boss doesn't give a shit as long as he's winning.

Well he should bother because some of those younger players will turn out to be better than what he's got. De Bruyne is better than all their attacking midfielders/wingers apart from Hazard. Lukaku is probably as good or better than Falcao and Remy

But he also knows that he can just as easily throw money at either of those players and get them back whenever he wants.

Tbf, though, Mourinho is pretty decisive about his players. If he doesn't like something about the player or believes he isn't up to standard, he won't hesitate to dump them. It isn't limited to youth players at all. He dumped Mata because he didn't run enough and shipped off De Bruyne and Lukau because he didn't like their attitude. Those were big money players who were coveted across Europe and it didn't matter. I'm not sure it is so much youth he hates. If you don't fit, he won't play you.

I just don't think he's particularly good at developing young players, also i think he knows it as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that though, all top managers have things that they are not particularly good at from Guardiola, Ancelotti etc etc all of them have significant faults and this happens to be one of Mourinho's.

Since the moment he left Porto he's managed the richest clubs in the world and has rarely stayed at any of them very long. He's an immediate results manager, that's all that matters to him and he can get away with it because he's always ar cash rich clubs.

if it suits him and it suits the club's, then there's not really a problem.

And he always has a multi-million-pound experienced alternative that he's just signed. Why should he bother with young players, as Semtex says his boss doesn't give a shit as long as he's winning.

Well he should bother because some of those younger players will turn out to be better than what he's got. De Bruyne is better than all their attacking midfielders/wingers apart from Hazard. Lukaku is probably as good or better than Falcao and Remy

But he also knows that he can just as easily throw money at either of those players and get them back whenever he wants.

De Bruyne is supposedly going to Man City so I doubt they'll ever get him back, I doubt de Bruyne would ever play for Mourinho again anyway. He didn't have a good relationship with Lukaku either IIRC

In a decade:

Santon - barely

Varane

Mikel

Poor.

Even Varane isn't really that impressive really, half of europe wanted him. Most clubs knew how good he was going to be, not like Mourinho made him or anything.

But yeah Mourinho is just not that guy and i doubt he really cares.

I would agree. But you could say that for any top talent. People talk about SAF and the class of whatever, and Cronaldo So I will give Mourinho credit for that where it's due.

But certainly it seems to take exceptional talent for Mourinho to consider a youngster. 

And he always has a multi-million-pound experienced alternative that he's just signed. Why should he bother with young players, as Semtex says his boss doesn't give a s*** as long as he's winning.

De Bruyne isn't a winger though but I somewhat agree with the point you are trying to make. Mourinho doesn't like to rotate very much which also contributes

Is de Bruyne better than Fabregas? A more adventurous manager would go with De Bruyne but Mourinho knew what he would get with Cesc and that's a top PL player. De Bruyne's better than Oscar though but can he do the graft?

Is Lukaku better than Costa? Nope. But a more adventurous manager would've tried rotating them.

Callejón had nearly 100 La Liga apps when Madrid bought him, so hardly an inexperienced youngster, but Mou gave him a lot of playing time despite the kind of people he had available to play in Real Madrid's front three. It was obvious that he appreciated his tenacity and aggresiveness so I think he just likes a particular kind of player and in general doesn't think a youngster will have these qualities.

Callejón had nearly 100 La Liga apps when Madrid bought him, so hardly an inexperienced youngster, but Mou gave him a lot of playing time despite the kind of people he had available to play in Real Madrid's front three. It was obvious that he appreciated his tenacity and aggresiveness so I think he just likes a particular kind of player and in general doesn't think a youngster will have these qualities.

See, Willian.

So Porto's signings to replace Jackson Martínez are Bueno and Osvaldo? That's not gonna end well for them.

Seems a bit of a poor window for them. Casillas is another pointless signing; Imbula is a good one but they paid quite a bit for him.

The fact so many of those signings came from Spain (Osvaldo was great for Espanyol and still has a very good rep over here), makes me think Lopetegui has been given a big say on transfers.

I've never seen a man to hate young players as much as Mourinho

Read an interview he gave about the young players Chelsea have sold, said they didn't want to fight for their place. Mentioned Zouma saying he had the right attitude