Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Since Porto how many young players has Mourinho brought through?

Varane

Azpilicueta? Although he was a regular for Benitez at RB.

Barely watched his Inter side and it was old when he joined.

I guess Azpilicueta was "young", but he had well over 100 appearances in Spain and France top flight with Osasuna and Marseille including 180 minutes in a Champions quarterfinal tie before arriving at Chelsea, never mind the experience he gained under Di Matteo/Benitez. Definitely not some youth player.

You could replace him with wor Santon, or John Obi Mikel who Mourinho converted to defensive midfield and gave minutes to fairly immediately.

Fwiw, I think Chelsea are doing a very good job of using the system to their advantage. They generally turn a profit on these young players and the loans (especially to clubs with which they have a good relationship) is a very good way to evaluate the young talent. The problem is that the club's actual strategy of integrating players to the first team seems confused. Integrating players whoare actually bought for the first team seems to be no issue, but the loan returnees are often left stranded and have more connection to the clubs they have been loaned to than Chelsea.

He likes Zuma a bit.

Step up from Mbeki for sure.

:lol: :thup:

What a bizarre and fantastic time for ANC humour.

In a decade:

Santon - barely

Varane

Mikel

Poor.

Even Varane isn't really that impressive really, half of europe wanted him. Most clubs knew how good he was going to be, not like Mourinho made him or anything.

But yeah Mourinho is just not that guy and i doubt he really cares.

Since Porto how many young players has Mourinho brought through?

Varane

Azpilicueta? Although he was a regular for Benitez at RB.

Barely watched his Inter side and it was old when he joined.

Azpilicueta had well over 100+ first team apps before he went to Chelsea.

Reckon it'd be Varane and at a push, Santon and Balotelli.

Tbf, though, Mourinho is pretty decisive about his players. If he doesn't like something about the player or believes he isn't up to standard, he won't hesitate to dump them. It isn't limited to youth players at all. He dumped Mata because he didn't run enough and shipped off De Bruyne and Lukau because he didn't like their attitude. Those were big money players who were coveted across Europe and it didn't matter. I'm not sure it is so much youth he hates. If you don't fit, he won't play you.

Tbf, though, Mourinho is pretty decisive about his players. If he doesn't like something about the player or believes he isn't up to standard, he won't hesitate to dump them. It isn't limited to youth players at all. He dumped Mata because he didn't run enough and shipped off De Bruyne and Lukau because he didn't like their attitude. Those were big money players who were coveted across Europe and it didn't matter. I'm not sure it is so much youth he hates. If you don't fit, he won't play you.

I just don't think he's particularly good at developing young players, also i think he knows it as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that though, all top managers have things that they are not particularly good at from Guardiola, Ancelotti etc etc all of them have significant faults and this happens to be one of Mourinho's.

I just don't think he's particularly good at developing young players, also i think he knows it as well. Not that there's anything wrong with that though, all top managers have things that they are not particularly good at from Guardiola, Ancelotti etc etc all of them have significant faults and this happens to be one of Mourinho's.

Since the moment he left Porto he's managed the richest clubs in the world and has rarely stayed at any of them very long. He's an immediate results manager, that's all that matters to him and he can get away with it because he's always ar cash rich clubs.

And he always has a multi-million-pound experienced alternative that he's just signed. Why should he bother with young players, as Semtex says his boss doesn't give a shit as long as he's winning.

Well he should bother because some of those younger players will turn out to be better than what he's got. De Bruyne is better than all their attacking midfielders/wingers apart from Hazard. Lukaku is probably as good or better than Falcao and Remy