Other clubs' transfers

TBG

In the Prem, Chicharito has played 102 for 37 goals, 12 assists. A pretty good output. But then, he's only played 4,840 minutes in those games. The equivalent of 53 whole games. 37 goals and 12 assists (for a "poacher"!) in 53 games. That's elite striker level. Maybe only Aguero (Sturridge?) will be higher over more than one season. Okay you can discount some of the goals as number 3 or 4 coming on as fresh legs in a four goal win, but not that many. Costa and Aguero get meaningless goals in one sided games too.

In the CL he's got 8 in 32 games, but only 1,689 minutes. Less than 20 games equivalent. In La Liga, he got 7 goals and 7 assists in less than 10 games (!) worth of minutes.

The boy deserves a bit more love.

I agree with that, he's an excellent poacher. I understand that nowadays, big clubs demand more from their #9s than just poaching, but I'm surprised he's ended up in the MLS at just 27 years old. Unless Orlando are paying him some silly wages, I can think of many good European teams where he could have an impact.

Can only assume Austin's shoulder is suspect, someone would have gone for him by now.

Yeah, the press keep reporting it's the £15 million price tag but surely if a team was serious it would have been negotiated by now.

Can only assume Austin's shoulder is suspect, someone would have gone for him by now.

Or maybe teams don't want to pay 15m for a guy on the last year of his contract with only one season at the top level

Salah to Roma.

Well that was the most pointless signing ever by Chelsea.

Marko Marin

Lucas Piazon

Christian Atsu

Filipe Luis

Kevin De Bruyne

Tomas Kalas

Gael Kakuta

Jeffrey Bruma

Slobodan Rajkovic

Miroslav Stoch

Romelu Lukaku

Oriol Romeu

Wallace

Thorgan Hazard

Marco Van Ginkel

They've had a few to be fair :lol:

Thorgan Hazard was probably necessary to get his brother to move, so not "pointless" in that regard.

Perhaps not, but in terms of signing a player to loan him out, Chelsea are the worst for it.

Thorgan Hazard was probably necessary to get his brother to move, so not "pointless" in that regard.

Perhaps not, but in terms of signing a player to loan him out, Chelsea are the worst for it.

No doubt about that. I wonder if they just see this as a moneymaking exercise. Do they usually get good fees when they finally get rid? It's not like Chelsea paid much of these players' wages throughout their careers since they spent most of their time on loan.

No doubt about that. I wonder if they just see this as a moneymaking exercise. Do they usually get good fees when they finally get rid? It's not like Chelsea paid much of these players' wages throughout their careers since they spent most of their time on loan.

To be fair I'm sure they made a profit on Lukaku and De Bruyne.

I've never seen a man to hate young players as much as Mourinho

He just loves winning and he has the money to buy experience.

He still absolutely hates young players

Jorge Mendes doesn't represent many young players ;)