Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Stuart James @StuartJamesGNM

Understand that Arsenal have triggered the release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract. Leicester still determined to keep hold of him.

£22m apparently

How could it be awful anyway?

He wont fit into Arsenal's passing game. His game is built all around pace and counter attacking football.

To spunk 20/22m on a soon to be 30 year old who I highly doubt would take them onto the next level & may not even get into the team doesn't make much sense to me when they've got a bottomless pit of money.

As for Vardy, it depends on what he cares about more out of game time and ££. Not to mention that if he does go there, he'll no doubt be played as a winger where he's completely ineffective.

He wont fit into Arsenal's passing game. His game is built all around pace and counter attacking football.

To spunk 20/22m on a soon to be 30 year old who I highly doubt would take them onto the next level & may not even get into the team doesn't make much sense to me when they've got a bottomless pit of money.

As for Vardy, it depends on what he cares about more out of game time and ££. Not to mention that if he does go there, he'll no doubt be played as a winger where he's completely ineffective.

:thup:

Although it should be said that their team is so much better suited for counter attacking than slow, considered build up they have been doing.

If only Wenger would realise it....

He score's goals, he'll press the opposite defenders more than Giroud does, and if they really do have infinite funds, then why not? I'm sure Wenger will focus more on counter football if Vardy arrives, he's not daft. 

You would think so wouldn't you but the team as is is more suited to a direct style. When you look at their attacking players you have Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Xhaka, Welbeck and Ramsey. Cazorla is probably only more suited to a slow, considered style than counter but the others definitely are.

I just think Wenger is obsessed with winning with this style and won't change despite the fact his team not being suited to it.

He score's goals, he'll press the opposite defenders more than Giroud does, and if they really do have infinite funds, then why not? I'm sure Wenger will focus more on counter football if Vardy arrives, he's not daft.

If they do have infinite amounts of cash then surely they can do a whole lot better than Jamie Vardy if we're agreeing on his main attributes being pace and pressurising defenders?

Granted he's had a good season but is he really the striker they need to push them onto the next level? I don't think so.

I disagree on the point made about believing Wenger would play more counter attacking if they signed him as the style of play didn't change when Theo got a run of games up top.

Arsenal need to go out and spunk the money on Higuain. Just fucking get it done. Wenger absolutely loves to pussyfoot around.

Absolutely unbelievable that neither them or Man Utd ponied up when he was available from Madrid.

Arsenal need to go out and spunk the money on Higuain. Just fucking get it done. Wenger absolutely loves to pussyfoot around.

Absolutely unbelievable that neither them or Man Utd ponied up when he was available from Madrid.

:lol: he's a guaranteed goalscorer and miles better as a player than Vardy ever will be. They finally went out and got that much-needed "CM who doesn't play like a little bitch." Finish the job, Arsene, you fucking wiener.

Pretty sure the genuine big/monied clubs, the 6/7 of them around Europe, are constantly in cahoots with each other's players. Messi would be absolutely mental to join a Mourinho team though, totally off his box.