Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I hate this nationality bullshit. We lost Mix because of it. The sadness in myeyes.

#teamsemtex

If only we could give him back

I will fight you.

I will lose that fight, but still. I will fight you.

Flags and country borders are nonsense like, just creates so many wars and problems and prevents us advancing as a species. We are one.

God I miss being a righteous self important 17 year old.

Flags and country borders are nonsense like, just creates so many wars and problems and prevents us advancing as a species. We are one.

God I miss being a righteous self important 17 year old.

Just identify as one!

As long as you've still got the blood of a righteous self important 17 year old that is.

If you grew up in a home where you were geographically in a different country but your family still retained the culture of the country of your heritage then you have every right to feel like you're more Turkish than English for example

So what if, when he retires from football, he lives in Turkey for the rest of his life (longer than he lived the start of his life in England)?  One of his parents is from Turkey, and he says he sees himself as Turkish. But he'll be an Englishman living in Turkey according to you, simply because what? he was born in England?

edit: whatever!  :laugh:

If that's the case, Turkish parent and spent a bit of time living there I think he has every right to consider himself Turkish. Tbh even if he hadn't lived in Turkey, but was brought up with some Turkish cultural influences and the Turkish language I'd agree he could be considered Turkish.

This guy started feeling Irish at the age of 23:

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Ireland/37/8f/jason-mcateer-republic-of-ireland-01092001_1q1srgg3b1jr1439w4qd02i4r.jpg?t=-944926344&w=620&h=430

So what if, when he retires from football, he lives in Turkey for the rest of his life (longer than he lived the start of his life in England)?  One of his parents is from Turkey, and he says he sees himself as Turkish. But he'll be an Englishman living in Turkey according to you, simply because what? he was born in England?

edit: whatever!  :laugh:

If that's the case, Turkish parent and spent a bit of time living there I think he has every right to consider himself Turkish. Tbh even if he hadn't lived in Turkey, but was brought up with some Turkish cultural influences and the Turkish language I'd agree he could be considered Turkish.

The principle is not being argued against, it's more the fact that he's blatantly just saying it so he can play for an International team. He probably qualifies for Ireland on this basis alone.

This guy started feeling Irish at the age of 23:

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Ireland/37/8f/jason-mcateer-republic-of-ireland-01092001_1q1srgg3b1jr1439w4qd02i4r.jpg?t=-944926344&w=620&h=430

It's amazing how many shit footballers remember their deed grandad was from Cork.

Guest firetotheworks

This whole use of the term 'identifying' is undermining the people who aren't liars and/or attention-seekers.

Examples

Some lass on tumblr identifying as a fish finger - Nar, you're an attention-seeker

A player that's not good enough to play for their home country identifying as someone from a tenuously linked country - Nar, you're a liar.

Meanwhile, there are men identifying as women and visa versa, or players who've grown up in Germany but have Polish parents (for example) looking down on these chancers in the same way that we are.

Nut's pretty solid like. San Marino could do with someone Nutlike at the back. They've never been the same since Simone Bacciocchi retired from International duty.  [/poncealias]

I find it pretty strange that Col Kazim Richards is being used as the example of this. I'm sure there are many examples of people playing for a country they have little relation to, but in addition to CKR having a Turkish parent, he moved to Turkey when he was 21 and has spent much of his career there. It's hardly the most typical path for an English player.

I find it pretty strange that Col Kazim Richards is being used as the example of this. I'm sure there are many examples of people playing for a country they have little relation to, but in addition to CKR having a Turkish parent, he moved to Turkey when he was 21 and has spent much of his career there. It's hardly the most typical path for an English player.

I'd like to guide us towards abusing the Irish National team again please.