Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Regardless of his "value", I just find it funny they had him on their books a few years back as a kid and basically gave him away and now have to spend 100 million to get him back. If that doesn't illustrate the stupidity of English clubs and the money swilling around our league I don't know what does. I still don't understand how a transfer like this can exist given their supposed debt and FFP. FFP - might as well stand for f***ing Farcical Pricks man.

:thup:

This is the most baffling part about it. Not the fact that they're ludicrously overpaying for him, that they gave him away for free a few years ago [emoji38]

They didn't give him away did they? Thought Fergie wouldn't play him so he forced the move?

I think i'm right in saying he was sold for about 1 million euros. If it was more, it wasn't much more.

Regardless of his "value", I just find it funny they had him on their books a few years back as a kid and basically gave him away and now have to spend 100 million to get him back. If that doesn't illustrate the stupidity of English clubs and the money swilling around our league I don't know what does. I still don't understand how a transfer like this can exist given their supposed debt and FFP. FFP - might as well stand for f***ing Farcical Pricks man.

This is the most baffling part about it. Not the fact that they're ludicrously overpaying for him, that they gave him away for free a few years ago [emoji38]

They didn't give him away did they? Thought Fergie wouldn't play him so he forced the move?

key part

He was out of contract when he joined Juve.

Interesting, thought he went for a small fee. Strange they didn't see a player in there worth a new contract.

The small fee was just compensation due to his age.

Tbf to Pogba he just wanted to play football and Ferguson playing Cleverley ahead of him and bringing back Scholes meant he didn't have faith that he was going to get it there.

Interesting, thought he went for a small fee. Strange they didn't see a player in there worth a new contract.

They did, he forced the move as he wanted first team football I think.

Were they that well off in potentially world class box-to-box midfielders that could be worth a world record fee some day that they couldn't give him a few more first team opportunities? Being facetious but man, and not that they care, but they don't half looks like stupid cunts where this is concerned.

Were they that well off in potentially world class box-to-box midfielders that could be worth a world record fee some day that they couldn't give him a few more first team opportunities? Being facetious but man, and not that they care, but they don't half looks like stupid cunts where this is concerned.

See Tooj's post, explains it better

Pogba's a very good player but I can't help feel he gets more focus and is rated higher due to the hype surrounding him.  The way he dresses, the hairstyles all go towards raising his profile and his status.

This is certainly true. His highs are very high and he has a great highlight reel. Perfect for the modern, short attention span, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram era.

Very, very good player obviously but by all accounts not even the best at Juve.

it is quite baffling as you'd think Ferguson more than almost any other manager (only wenger would be better than him on that front) would give a youngster a fair shot in the first team

Were they that well off in potentially world class box-to-box midfielders that could be worth a world record fee some day that they couldn't give him a few more first team opportunities? Being facetious but man, and not that they care, but they don't half looks like stupid c***s where this is concerned.

Still, Cleverly and an ancient Scholes were preferred to him. Seems mad now.

Pogba's a very good player but I can't help feel he gets more focus and is rated higher due to the hype surrounding him.  The way he dresses, the hairstyles all go towards raising his profile and his status.

This is certainly true. His highs are very high and he has a great highlight reel. Perfect for the modern, short attention span, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram era.

It's really not and he'll prove it as long as Mourinho isn't stupid enough to play him like Deschamps did.

Were they that well off in potentially world class box-to-box midfielders that could be worth a world record fee some day that they couldn't give him a few more first team opportunities? Being facetious but man, and not that they care, but they don't half looks like stupid c***s where this is concerned.

Wasn't just that, Rafael was played in midfield ahead of him as well :lol:

“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” Ferguson told MUTV. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.”

It's really not and he'll prove it as long as Mourinho isn't stupid enough to play him like Deschamps did.

See, this is where the logic breaks down a bit. Mourinho is quite stupid at times (see Schurrle, De Bruyne, Lukaku and countless others). He just loves spending monopoly money on players, first class at doing that.

“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” Ferguson told MUTV. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.”

Yeah wasn't it a breakdown over a period of time, presumably involving Ferguson digging up corpses to play in midfield ahead of him [emoji38]

See, this is where the logic breaks down a bit. Mourinho is quite stupid at times (see Schurrle, De Bruyne, Lukaku and countless others). He just loves spending monopoly money on players, first class at doing that.

Aye i don't trust him either, just saying that the hype is justified based on his Juventus performances but they give him freedom to play how he can be most effective.

Waste of time on Man Yoo's behalf if they don't, France play him as a DM because he's a freak athlete, tall and physical :lol: But he isn't that sort of player in the slightest.

Wasn't just that, Rafael was played in midfield ahead of him as well :lol:

Wow, just gets better :thup:

Anyone saying he isn't that good clearly hasn't seen him for Juventus, he's one of the best midifielders in the world. Don't judge him on his performances for France as he wasn't given any freedom and basically was protecting the back 4, it would be like playing Yaya Toure as a DM and saying he isn't that good.

As long as Mourinho isn't that stupid and plays him as a B2B midfielder with freedom he'll rip the league apart.

I've only seen him for Juve. He's half the player Dybala is.

Not sure about the comparison there. For me Pogba is the best CM in the world and has absolutely everything. Not many of those kind of players around with the potential he has.

Anyone saying he isn't that good clearly hasn't seen him for Juventus, he's one of the best midifielders in the world. Don't judge him on his performances for France as he wasn't given any freedom and basically was protecting the back 4, it would be like playing Yaya Toure as a DM and saying he isn't that good.

As long as Mourinho isn't that stupid and plays him as a B2B midfielder with freedom he'll rip the league apart.

I've only seen him for Juve. He's half the player Dybala is.

Not sure about the comparison there. For me Pogba is the best CM in the world and has absolutely everything. Not many of those kind of players around with the potential he has.

I can go along with that. His size and technique combined give him fantastic potential. He's got great confidence and reads the game well. There's just something about his attitude that doesn't sit right. Doesn't perform at the level he's capable of anywhere near often enough.

Right now, I'd much rather have Dybala. Maybe Pogba can be developed into a fantastic player, but he's not there yet for me. I made the comparison with Balotelli and I can absolutely see his career going the same way.