Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Will Hughes on his way to Watford, according to the Torygraph, for 8 million. Always thought he would end up with us, the fee looks pretty reasonable wonder if Derby have given up on him ever developing ?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

Thought he always looked an extremely tidy player whenever i've seen him. Not the fastest but surely worthy competition to Shelvey. Really surprised we're not bidding too.

City have made an approach for William Carvalho.

Although it's a wee bit shady as his agent is Guardiola's brother.. who mentioned that we were the other interested club.

He's the only player we've been spuriously linked with that I've been genuinely excited about. Would be like buying an extra few places higher in the league, he would be that effective.

Could be difference in City winning the league again.

Will Hughes on his way to Watford, according to the Torygraph, for 8 million. Always thought he would end up with us, the fee looks pretty reasonable wonder if Derby have given up on him ever developing ?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

Thought he always looked an extremely tidy player whenever i've seen him. Not the fastest but surely worthy competition to Shelvey. Really surprised we're not bidding too.

If he can stay fit he'll be better than Shelvey. Unfortunately he's had 2 canny major injuries and he's only 22 which has obviously hindered his progress somewhat. Still a very good championship player at the moment though.

£4m initial fee rising to £7.5m looks a real bargain for Hughes even with the injury concerns he's had in the past. Reckon he'll turn out to be a good signing for Watford, wouldn't have minded us going in for him at that price.

Guest neesy111

Hmm I don't know, haven't heard about him for ages and the cheap fee suggests he's not actually that good.

He is good, just had a lot of injuries.

Salah, Coutinho, Mane and Firmino as a front 4 is rather tasty.

depends what you want, they will simply not win the league with that lineup and i'd suggest they'll struggle to push on from last year as well

it's like a load of false nines or whatever, it'll have it's moment but without a proper focal point will lose it's way too much over a season

If they got Naby Keita, I think they'd be a lot more complete. However, it looks like he'll be staying at RBL.

Them or Spurs should go for James Ward Prowse. There's no point of staying at Southampton in this day and age.

depends what you want, they will simply not win the league with that lineup and i'd suggest they'll struggle to push on from last year as well

it's like a load of false nines or whatever, it'll have it's moment but without a proper focal point will lose it's way too much over a season

That isn't the issue i see tbh, the issue i see is that Salah and Mane are both most effective coming in off the right wing. I struggle to see a scenario where one of them won't look significantly worse as they are forced to play an unnatural role.

But we'll see i suppose.

That isn't the issue i see tbh, the issue i see is that Salah and Mane are both most effective coming in off the right wing. I struggle to see a scenario where one of them won't look significantly worse as they are forced to play an unnatural role.

But we'll see i suppose.

Has a team every won the English top flight without a 'proper' striker up front?

Arsenal the closest I can think but they played a striker as well.

Guest neesy111

But we'll see i suppose.

They won't be starting them all imo, they'll rotate them as necessary as that was Liverpool's biggest weakness with what happened in January.