Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, but that wasn't about Andy Carroll's cost, it was the cost of our collective soul being ripped out of us.

Aye, but that wasn't about Andy Carroll's cost, it was the cost of our collective soul being ripped out of us.

Would imagine they'll feel quite similar while their squad of young stars gets ripped to shreds over the next year or 2.  Manager will go too.

He's a left back as well. :lol:

Jesus man.

Barca paid 30m euros for Dani Alves before he become the WC player we knew him to be.

Who cares if hes a fullback? if he's good enough he will effect the game enough to be worth it and he does have the talent to be worth it one day.

Seen many many players worse than Shaw going for similar amounts or a little less.

Guest firetotheworks

Jesus man.

Barca paid 30m euros for Dani Alves before he become the WC player we knew him to be.

Who cares if hes a fullback? if he's good enough he will effect the game enough to be worth it and he does have the talent to be worth it one day.

Seen many many players worse than Shaw going for similar amounts or a little less.

Dani Alves was already the absolute tits at that point and more like an unstoppable winger than a full back.

I don't care, but 27m for a full back is daft money imo. Even now.

Jesus man.

Dani Alves was already the absolute tits at that point and more like an unstoppable winger than a full back.

I don't care, but 27m for a full back is daft money imo. Even now.

While that's true, people were still questioning the motive of spending that much on a fullback at the time. Personally Shaw has the talent to be a dominant player at both ends and quite frankly the fullback is becoming a more important position every year.

Its not like it used to be, they are intrusted to defend, create, give another option in possession etc etc. Its crazy money right now i'm not denying that, just that a fullback if good enough can warrant spending a lot of money on and i do believe Shaw has that talent.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has claimed that the £10m Spurs paid for Gareth Bale was ridiculous and was only because he's considered a young British talent for the future. Allardyce said that he would only cost up to 1.5m Euro's if he was from another continent and claimed that the amount of money spent on young British talent was stupidity.

Obviously Shaw will have to go some to match Bale, but I just love this quote from Super Sam.

They're going to spend £150m+ to get back into the title race.

So fucking depressing.

Shite innit. Pretty much accepted that Atletico are gonna lose their entire side as well despite being top of La Liga and in a CL final. Nobody but about 5 teams are allowed anything.

Hope Southampton tell them to shove it up their arse. They won't though.

Man I f***ing hate how the game is now. So soulless it's unreal.

It comes from the players too, would love it if he told them to fuck off he wanted to stay.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has claimed that the £10m Spurs paid for Gareth Bale was ridiculous and was only because he's considered a young British talent for the future. Allardyce said that he would only cost up to 1.5m Euro's if he was from another continent and claimed that the amount of money spent on young British talent was stupidity.

Obviously Shaw will have to go some to match Bale, but I just love this quote from Super Sam.

:lol: That's aged well.

Fair price imo. Wasn't Rio that price, too? And that was an excellent investment.

Rio was a lot better at the time tbf but i do agree, they are not paying this amount for today's Luke Shaw they are paying it for the Luke Shaw in 5 years time.

Fair price imo. Wasn't Rio that price, too? And that was an excellent investment.

he was a proven with 5 full seasons and over 150 league appearances, Shaw is very promising but still only 18, one bad injury and he may never live up to his potential

Thing is nowadays MAn Utd aren't top dogs and Chelsea, City or even Arsenal could snatch him up. They're acting fast. They're maybe better full backs out there but Man U have always preffered to have English players.

Think English football is need of all the talent being removed from shit middling clubs and fast forwarded to the top asap.

Sick of seeing non-heritage clubs do well, turns my stomach.

Rio was a lot better at the time tbf but i do agree, they are not paying this amount for today's Luke Shaw they are paying it for the Luke Shaw in 5 years time.

Nah, they're buying the current Luke Shaw like.