Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Everton can do better for £40-50m like. They've got the likes of Baines already who can take a good set-piece. They could easily get a marquee player for that.

Now for someone like Leicester, he could possibly be worth that sort of money because he's as good as they could attract and he'd be replacing Mahrez's set-piece ability as well.

Sigurdsson has the 4th highest assist rate in Europe, and is the 3rd highest scoring midifielder in the league. I would argue that they definitely can't do better than that. His not exactly mobile, but he's a very good player who produces the goods consistently.

Why would you put chances created above actual assists though? That's crackers. He's done more with less.

Creating chances is more repeatable than getting assists, as assists require the bloke on the other end of the pass to actually score.

You really want to be looking at the quality of chances he's been creating to get an accurate reading of how creative he actually is.

Handily enough, for anyone who has a spare 10 minutes a really good analyst has just released a blog on that very subject today: https://thepowerofgoals.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/gylfi-on-me-head-son.html

£50 million for a right back man ... geez. One that got dropped by Spurs at certain points of last season and all. Unreal.

The fact that Spurs arguably already have a better RB is mental.

We may be getting Pereira in as a replacement, which would be kinda ace.

Honestly the numbers are meaningless both ways, what matters is WHEN you get those assists, goals and created chances. 2 winning goals is more meaningful than 3 in a game you have already won.

Which is why Drogba is so highly regarded, he didn't score loads compared to his peers but he always scored when it mattered.

Honestly the numbers are meaningless both ways, what matters is WHEN you get those assists, goals and created chances. 2 winning goals is more meaningful than 3 in a game you have already won.

Which is why Drogba is so highly regarded, he didn't score loads compared to his peers but he always scored when it mattered.

Look at Mole living in advanced game state metrics world.

£50 million for a right back man ... geez. One that got dropped by Spurs at certain points of last season and all. Unreal.

Did Walker get dropped or was he injured? I like Trippier and he is good, but he didn't play that many games last season. He was performing well in a good team, but how he'll do over the course of a whole season is the real question. He does create a whole lot of chances and the amount of assists he has in the low amount of games he played in is very impressive. I think against Watford last season, he created about six clear opportunities that could have been goals.

50 Mil is good business for them. Spurs are smart with their money, they'll stretch that out.

You really want to be looking at the quality of chances he's been creating to get an accurate reading of how creative he actually is.

Handily enough, for anyone who has a spare 10 minutes a really good analyst has just released a blog on that very subject today: https://thepowerofgoals.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/gylfi-on-me-head-son.html

Great article. It makes him look like Charlie "his corners are worth 10M" Adams.

fwiw, I think that a decent chunk of the credit for success at set plays should go to the coaches. Our prolonged blank from using the set penis under Pardew shows that the opposite also applies.

Did Walker get dropped or was he injured? I like Trippier and he is good, but he didn't play that many games last season. He was performing well in a good team, but how he'll do over the course of a whole season is the real question. He does create a whole lot of chances and the amount of assists he has in the low amount of games he played in is very impressive. I think against Watford last season, he created about six clear opportunities that could have been goals.

50 Mil is good business for them. Spurs are smart with their money, they'll stretch that out.

Re the "drop", I think it was a few things. I thought Poch wanted to do a bit of rotation anyway, but supposedly Walker had been tapped up and the word was that his "head had turned". Poch had a chance to give Trippier some minutes while at the same time sending a message to Walker.

There's a consensus at Spurs that Trippier is ace going forward against teams below the top level, but struggles a bit  defensively against really good sides. In contrast, Walker"a strength and speed make him effective in the big games. Walker just seems to be up-and-down going forward. Every once in a while it seems to click and he plays the early ball, then the next game he reverts to that weird indecisiveness in the final third.

Trippier was apparently struggling first half of the season because he had a newborn and was sleep deprived!

Pereira looks really good, and we have a youngster coming through - both of whom can supposedly do a job at LWB too. Walker for 50M and then Pereira for the reported 22M would be some business.

But also Rodriguez would not sign for Everton. It's not the same.

Rodriguez back under Carlo. He's going to be brilliant.

So you're saying James to Man Utd wouldnt have been the same sort of deal?  Or if Barcelona wanted Sigurdsson for some reason they wouldnt be quoted a price of £50m like Everton?

The James deal is what... 40m total? It's a steal. If Man United got involved it would be closer to 60m i'm certain.

Sigurddson would be the same value to Swansea.