8) Gerónimo Rulli - 4,70 Mill. €

9) Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2,00 Mill. €

10) Kyle Walker - 51,00 Mill. €

11) Bernardo Silva - 50,00 Mill. €

12) Ederson - 40,00 Mill. €

13) Danilo - 30,00 Mill. €

14) Douglas Luiz - 12,00 Mill. €

edit: Another €58m can be added soon for Mendy, taking it past €450m

It'll look savvy in a season or two when to buy one kyle walkerish player you must buy the owner of the other club a functioning space programme or equivalent cost

Glad I'm not pumping much money into football. Fuck off.

I pay £20-£40 a month just to play. :lol: Not to mention gear and transport. Ah well. Pointless feeling bitter about it really.

I refuse to believe it is sustainable, it'll all come crashing down at some point and there will be much schadenfreude. As long as NUFC doesn't crash and burn with it...It just seems so much like a bubble with valuations gone crazy and an assumption that more and more money will flow in.

Having said that I should also put my money where my mouth is and go support a non league team proper  :lol:

People rightly point the finger at Sky for starting this trend but it's been BT entering the market in the last couple of years that has seen things get really stupid.

Aye yeah not all anyone specific's fault really (TV side, the FA and the Premier League definitely have a lot of the blame at least in the UK), and yes clubs with rich owners should be safe, however should market value plummet it would hardly look great for them to have millions of their assets wiped out, and then the prospect of reduced income.

To clarify above, everyone saw the big bucks and jumped for them, pretty much every football body / media body with any skin in the game scrabbled for it and gave no thought to if it may damage anything. Hard to say no, and in many ways the premier league etc is a terrific product, watched happily by many. However I dunno how much more room for expansion there can be, albeit I guess maybe markets outside europe can continue to grow. it does seem to me like it can't go on forever, and what if noone bids nuts money next time contract is out for tender?

Guest chopey

To clarify above, everyone saw the big bucks and jumped for them, pretty much every football body / media body with any skin in the game scrabbled for it and gave no thought to if it may damage anything. Hard to say no, and in many ways the premier league etc is a terrific product, watched happily by many. However I dunno how much more room for expansion there can be, albeit I guess maybe markets outside europe can continue to grow. it does seem to me like it can't go on forever, and what if noone bids nuts money next time contract is out for tender?

I think the likes of Amazon would be interested.

Sigh yeah. Part of me can't wait till there's some 10 club super world league full of billion pound players then they can fuck off up their own arses and leave the rest of us alone. On the other hand, still feel a little twang of romance about the great European sides like Juventus and Real Madrid and that would ruin it.

I guess the issue is, is there a ceiling somewhere of global interest after which no-one will buy the product? The more I think about it the further away it feels in some ways, but in others how much more impersonal, how much less fan friendly and how many more walking advert dullard unromantic bullshit players can everyone tolerate?

The people that think the bubble is going to burst, do you actually think that or are you talking from a place of hope?

Because quite frankly considering how the PLs reach is growing all the time globally I really see no evidence it's going to do anything but get more ridiculous.

The people that think the bubble is going to burst, do you actually think that or are you talking from a place of hope?

Because quite frankly considering how the PLs reach is growing all the time globally I really see no evidence it's going to do anything but get more ridiculous.

Sky are finding it hard enough now and i can't see Bt Sport growing any further

Guest chopey

I dont have BT sport and I cant be arsed looking for laggy streams so I dont take any interest in either the Champions league or the Europa league I imagine my interest in the premier league would go the same way if my ability to view it was taken away

You are looking at a very narrow viewpoint, the PL isn't as big as it is because of this country and it's TV money.

It's the overseas income which makes it ridiculously massive and the reason the other leagues can't compete financially.

I dont have BT sport and I cant be arsed looking for laggy streams so I dont take any interest in either the Champions league or the Europa league I imagine my interest in the premier league would go the same way if my ability to view it was taken away

O0 Might just me getting older but it seems more youngsters  don't give a fuck about football like i did at that age, Even i'm not arsed about some "Big" games now

Guest chopey

O0 Might just me getting older but it seems more youngsters  don't give a f*** about football like i did at that age, Even i'm not arsed about some "Big" games now

I work with Engineering apprentices from ages 16 to 21 and they never ever sit down and watch a full match on tv or even a full episode of MOTD highlights on their phones is all they are interested in.

You are looking at a very narrow viewpoint, the PL isn't as big as it is because of this country and it's TV money.

It's the overseas income which makes it ridiculously massive and the reason the other leagues can't compete financially.

This is not true. The domestic money dwarfs that from overseas, it's about five times more.