Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I chose not to watch the video - £7m for Martins Indi seems like a good deal, mind.

Butland, Indi, Shawcross and Zouma with Pieters or better and Johnson as wing-backs could be very good.

It's a very solid backline, that's for sure, clearly will be their strength, pressure is on Hughes though this season, think their fans are getting a little impatient.

How's Coutinho's defensive side of the game? I hope for Barca's sake that he's not replacing Neymar. Iniesta could never be replaced either but I guess they want him to fill that role at LCM?

He's seen as Iniesta's replacement. Different player obviously, but a good candidate for that LCM role.

We're eyeing a pacy left forward type to replace Neymar. What he brought to the side was running at defences and give pace to our attack.

What about trying to bring Alexis back?

We all saw how that worked out though, Sanchez at Barca showed little to no individuality and it's why they got rid of him. I just don't think he works with Messi, if he didn't want to exert himself and do a little more than be an expensive Pedro i don't see why he'd do it now.

Dembele at Dortmund is who they seem to want and as far as i can see i think it's the right move.

This Barca side is far more 'individualistic' than that of Alexi's. I saw them live and the wide players (Alexis and Pedro I think) moved totally in sync.  Up high and wide. A tight system. Allowed more freedom he would do better.  And he was very good in his last season.

But yeh - it's a backwards step.  Dembele is the better choice even if its not Down to ability. 

This Barca side is far more 'individualistic' than that of Alexi's. I saw them live and the wide players (Alexis and Pedro I think) moved totally in sync.  Up high and wide. A tight system. Allowed more freedom he would do better.  And he was very good in his last season.

But yeh - it's a backwards step.  Dembele is the better choice even if its not Down to ability.

What i meant is he never showed an ability to create for himself and for those around him, it's why Neymar and Suarez were bought as the creative burden on Messi was far too huge and he needed forwards who could create for themselves while Pedro and Sanchez rarely did.

I don't see why Sanchez would suddenly do that now when he didn't then, the Messi creative burden still applies mind but because Xavi retired and Iniesta is old rather than the lack of forward help.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not an expert on Barcelona, but Alexis to me is a busy hard working type of player who needs to be constantly involved where as Barca like (or used to like) players that can float around and who are more about space and passing and movement. Coutinho in that sense would be an ideal fit.

The problem with Sánchez - besides the fact that he was too timid in his play, he's far more assertive now - is that he was just an upgraded Pedro and that made our attacking play far too limited. He'd be a far better fit now, but he's too old. I'd rather we get younger players to rejuvenate the side.

Coutinho+Dembelé would be great, imho, but I'm becoming pessimistic about our ability to get both. The prices quoted are getting absurd.

Barca don't have enough pace in their team anymore. Dembele will help, but he's replacing an extremely fast player. Their midfield is too slow. Messi has obviously lost pace, and I think him and Suarez will find it hard to score against the better sides if there is no pace in the rest of the team.