Clément Grenier

LRD

Pardew quotes at the Derby press conference on Friday

''Well you know, we bidded what we thought the players' true valuation was. That obviously didn't match up to what Lyon thought so we move on'

''If a club doesn't want to sell then there is not much you can do''

''Didn't have much time to get a replacement in. When you sell a player so close to the end of the window you leave yourself vulnerable''.

''I've got to try and get the best I can out of this group between now and the end of the season''

''We've got a very talented squad here and a great set of professionals''

A* for accuracy. Nailed it, right down to the appalling grammar. Very well done.

This reminds me of the time Liverpool made a bid for Ben Arfa with 4 days of the window left on Football Manager.

Ben Arfa was unhappy and the offer was good...

Just keep pressing continue and it will soon go away...that's what Lyon are doing now.

Wait, you were called Enrique first and then Cabaye? Maybe this has already been pointed out to you but you're not allowed change your username to that of any of our current players. Unless it's Shola or Obertan.

Off for Remy next....

Before he gets sent down for rape.

Then Obertan...

Before he signs for Gateshead.

''Well you know, we bidded what we thought the players' true valuation was. That obviously didn't match up to what Lyon thought so we move on'

''Didn't have much time to get a replacement in. When you sell a player so close to the end of the window you leave yourself vulnerable''.

''I've got to try and get the best I can out of this group between now and the end of the season''

Do some more of these pretend quotes man, they're class.

:D They are like.

A few predicted excuses would be a bit of a hoot too.

Have absolutely no faith that we'll get this done. Any other club would just bid the £12 million or so that they're wanting...we'll spend the next 3 days haggling with Lyon.

Like how PSG did with us not very long ago? :lol:

Eh? With Cabaye?

They bid the low amount first then within 24 hours upped their bid to what we wanted. If our first bid for Grenier is the £9 million that's reported I'm pretty sure our next bid will be £9.5/£10million.

Guest Roger Kint

Have absolutely no faith that we'll get this done. Any other club would just bid the £12 million or so that they're wanting...we'll spend the next 3 days haggling with Lyon.

Eh? With Cabaye?

They bid the low amount first then within 24 hours upped their bid to what we wanted. If our first bid for Grenier is the £9 million that's reported I'm pretty sure our next bid will be £9.5/£10million.

Some people man :lol:

Can anyone think of one reason to bring this player in now, from Ashley's point of view. I can't.

Can sell him for a profit in the summer?

Only realistic reason I could see him pushing it is if the players value is predicted to rise between now and then.

Guest Roger Kint

Can anyone think of one reason to bring this player in now, from Ashley's point of view. I can't.

Only realistic reason I could see him pushing it is if the players value is predicted to rise between now and then.

:lol: Its like people have never heard of Mike Ashley. How often do we spend money on depreciating assets?

Even if not the summer, if he has a good year or two here he'll only be 25-26 still, his value will naturally increase if he's done it in this league. Guess it's down to just how much Ashley has faith in Carr to "gamble" £12m for him to be a success over here.

Guest Roger Kint

The truth is probably £8m plus various addons taking it up to the higher quoted amounts

Nowt wrong with that, its virtually every transfer works(except we pay the fee up front)

The way this has all been reported. It reeks of Kinnear or someone getting on the blower to sky and saying oh yeah we've made a "substantial offer, make sure you keep repeating the word substantial but we're not saying how much"

Eh? With Cabaye?

Some people man :lol:

?

We did this with Gomis in the summer, Debuchy last summer, De Jong when he was at Gladbach...

Set up a Pardew bingo game.

:lol: Proper new and original. Not tedious reading it at all.

:lol: Proper new and original. Not tedious reading it at all.

Only reason I log on.