Clément Grenier

LRD

Can we not once just pay the fucking valuation?

If they were smart they'd quote us a price 15% above their valuation, await the inevitable "lowball" offer that actually matches their original valuation, then reluctantly agree and congratulate MA/JFK on being shrewd businessmen and tough negotiators. Everyone would win. They'd get what they want, the idiots in charge would walk away thinking they'd gotten a bargain, and we get a cracking player. 

Did I read somewhere that MA pays transfers all upfront instead of over 3-4 years like some clubs. On 8 mill you can earn up to 3mill interest at 6% in 5 years.  I wonder if that's anything to do with him reportedly bidding that bit lower every time.

We always do, but it's OUR valuation. We simply won't go above what maximum price is considered to be.

So no we will not pay the valuation if theirs is higher.

It's how he works - cash on the table - take it or leave it. Mind cash on the table speaks quite loud nowadays.

It's how he works - cash on the table - take it or leave it. Mind cash on the table speaks quite loud nowadays.

Is it? What evidence is there that we don't negotiate? Every transfer we've done, we've just said a number and walked away? Seems a bit odd to me.

Is it? What evidence is there that we don't negotiate? Every transfer we've done, we've just said a number and walked away? Seems a bit odd to me.

I do get the impression we tend to dig our heels in somewhat when it comes to negotiating.  I'm sure i've read on numerous occasions that we set a value for a player and simply wont budge. 

was having this discussion the other day

if your choices are 12m in hard cash paid immediately or 20m paid at 4m a year for 5 years depending on your financial health the former might well be the more attractive offer

We'll buy this guy for £13m I reckon....

.....or perhaps he'll fly in on the last day and not have time to sign the contract, therefore we'll be too late to get it done and be fucked. Just being realistic.

I do get the impression we tend to dig our heels in somewhat when it comes to negotiating.  I'm sure i've read on numerous occasions that we set a value for a player and simply wont budge. 

I'm sure we play hardball as well, but I doubt our first offer is always the final offer.

If we really have made a bid I'm sure (this may be placing too much faith in the drunk) we would have checked that either the player is interested in the move or that the club would be willing to sell first.

Seems to be taking them quite a while to reject this apparent joke of an offer like..

They are probably so insulted by our offer it doesnt warrant a response.