Clément Grenier

LRD

The Mirror are saying we have bid "£8m" for Grenier.#

This is a substantial bid for a 23 year old international creative midfielder????

I know we can't rely on the Mirror being at all accurate, but it does seem to be in line with our previous attempted transfer debacles. 

Another paper says £11m, and another £8.5m, depends who you believe.

The Mirror are saying we have bid "£8m" for Grenier.#

This is a substantial bid for a 23 year old international creative midfielder????

I know we can't rely on the Mirror being at all accurate, but it does seem to be in line with our previous attempted transfer debacles. 

Another paper says £11m, and another £8.5m, depends who you believe.

It's substantial, that's all we need to know...

The trouble is trying to assess what Ashley's motives (and plans) are with regards to the club in the foreseeable future. We can't really be certain that he won't shell out the required amount to bring this fella in. His previous moments of madness when he sanctioned transfers for Cisse and Coloccini make me want to believe that this can be possible.

It's the hope that kills you  :undecided:

The trouble is trying to assess what Ashley's motives (and plans) are with regards to the club in the foreseeable future. We can't really be certain that he won't shell out the required amount to bring this fella in. His previous moments of madness when he sanctioned transfers for Cisse and Coloccini make me want to believe that this can be possible.

I think the objective is just to do as well as we can within our financial means. There's not much more to it than that IMO. If we can get the right deals for players we know we'll try and do them.

Another deal done completely out of the blue!

Are people still banging that drum?

Yeah. Seems to have passed them by that pretty much everything we do now gets leaked into the press beforehand.

Another deal done completely out of the blue!

Are people still banging that drum?

Yeah. Seems to have passed them by that pretty much everything we do now gets leaked into the press beforehand.

Yep.

I think the objective is just to do as well as we can within our financial means. There's not much more to it than that IMO. If we can get the right deals for players we know we'll try and do them.

I meant whether or not he's thinking of selling up, moving it up a gear, or just happy with the status quo. We can pretty much conclude that it's the latter, but the cunt loves a surprise.

Guest Roger Kint

So weird if we get him. He was instrumental in my champions league winning Blyth team on FM about 6-7 years ago

So weird it took you over 20 minutes to post it to twitter as well :lol:

Expect this to painfully drag out over the next 3 days with little information except to odd snippet from some journalist on twitter. Rumours of bids, alleged quotes from Grenier claiming he wants to come before it fizzles out and it becomes apparent for the most part, we weren't actually serious. Yet I'll still check twitter/N-O hourly for an update knowing full well nowt will materialise. Such is life.