Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 8/02/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The injuries we have, combined with Pardew's tragic team selection, mixed in with playing away at one of the toughest teams in the league, will lead to one of the most desperately pathetic starting lineups of all time.

So Mourinho has a unbeaten record at home with Chelsea since his first spell back in 2004 and some people believe we could go there and win with this sorry excuse of a squad?

I mean even if we were full strength I'd still think you were a little crazy if you thought we could win but with Cabaye gone, the injuries, suspensions and all round misery surrounding the club at the moment I just cannot believe anyone would genuinely believe we can go there and win.

So Mourinho has a unbeaten record at home with Chelsea since his first spell back in 2004 and some people believe we could go there and win with this sorry excuse of a squad?

I mean even if we were full strength I'd still think you were a little crazy if you thought we could win but with Cabaye gone, the injuries, suspensions and all round misery surrounding the club at the moment I just cannot believe anyone would genuinely believe we can go there and win.

Best we can hope for is a west ham style plan..

http://0.tqn.com/d/history1900s/1/0/M/3/wwi15.gif

Problem is a couple of the players who would help us grind out a result are also missing, not just Cabaye and Remy who could win it for us. Can't see anything but a mauling unfortunately.

Can't even really blame Pardew for this one, other than for being a tit in general. Far too many players missing to have a hope in hell.

Problem is a couple of the players who would help us grind out a result are also missing, not just Cabaye and Remy who could win it for us. Can't see anything but a mauling unfortunately.

Can't even really blame Pardew for this one, other than for being a tit in general. Far too many players missing to have a hope in hell.

That's noble of you TRon, but I'd like to go ahead and blame him anyway.

Marveaux would be more ready to contribute if he had been kept involved to some degree.

Ben Arfa could be be more of a threat and x factor, giving us some chance, if he had been managed better this season, and just allowed to play.

I'd have felt a lot better about our chances defensively if Mapou had been left to build on the good partnership he had going with Williamson, instead of being shunted out to accommodate of all people on this earth, Steven Taylor.

Still not happy about anything Pardew I'm afraid. I can hear his sorry excuses post thumping already. Urgh.

The Mapou thing really is terrible like, he's infinitely better than Steven Taylor.

He must be seriously regretting moving here, it's done nothing for his career and if anything it's put him a year or two backwards in his development.

Guest reefatoon

without Tiote breaking things up in midfield and doing something to put a stop to Hazard and co this could get very ugly. Can easily see our midfield being overwhelmed.

We just have to hope we don't let an early goal in.  If that happens I can see players hiding all over the place.  Seem to be missing leaders all over the pitch.

The Mapou thing really is terrible like, he's infinitely better than Steven Taylor.

He must be seriously regretting moving here, it's done nothing for his career and if anything it's put him a year or two backwards in his development.

That post belongs in the Ben Arfa thread.

That post belongs in the Ben Arfa thread.

And the Sissoko thread.