Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 8/02/14 @ 15:00 (No TV)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Mapou thing really is terrible like, he's infinitely better than Steven Taylor.

He must be seriously regretting moving here, it's done nothing for his career and if anything it's put him a year or two backwards in his development.

That post belongs in the Ben Arfa thread.

And the Sissoko thread.

And into the Marveaux thread.

With Colo out, Mapou should be the first central defender on the teamsheet, because he gives us something different from the other two i.e. Willo and Taylor. He should be partnering one of them. As Willo has done well most of thie season it should be him.

Besides when they were forced to play together it looked a nicely balanced partnership.

I just don't understand a thing Pardew is doing. Nothing.

As many have said he's just playing Taylor purely because he's British/Geordie.

Unfortunately we're not a good enough team to do such things just for the hell of it!

With Colo out, Mapou should be the first central defender on the teamsheet, because he gives us something different from the other two i.e. Willo and Taylor. He should be partnering one of them. As Willo has done well most of thie season it should be him.

Besides when they were forced to play together it looked a nicely balanced partnership.

Unfortunately we're not a good enough team to do such things just for the hell of it!

I've said it a couple of times but I think he's just playing him because he probably kicked off and threatened to leave since he wasn't playing or anywhere near the team even when fit previously. With colo uncertainty/injury issues and the probability of a replacement near nil he can't really afford to lose any of Willo MYM or Taylor. Don't agree with said policy but its my view of how it is.

I've said it a couple of times but I think he's just playing him because he probably kicked off and threatened to leave since he wasn't playing or anywhere near the team even when fit previously. With colo uncertainty/injury issues and the probability of a replacement near nil he can't really afford to lose any of Willo MYM or Taylor. Don't agree with said policy but its my view of how it is.

But how wrong is it that all you have to do is throw a tantrum, to get in the team ahead of someone more deserving? It's just poor management, based off of fear and a lack of a spine. Pardew's specialties.

But how wrong is it that all you have to do is throw a tantrum, to get in the team ahead of someone more deserving? It's just poor management, based off of fear and a lack of a spine. Pardew's specialties.

as I said I don't agree with the decision and frankly wouldn't miss Taylor in the slightest if he left tomorrow and frankly would throw him out just for the stupid jumping around in front of the keeper he does. However in pure (in fm terms) current ability I don't think there's much of a difference between MYM and Taylor, different approach's and as much maligned as Taylor can be there is a reasonably competent prem level cb in there when he's not being a complete madman. But Taylor is as good as he's ever going to be until he finds a brain to cut out the bullshit MYM will get better with time which is why I'd play him personally.

Of coarse the only reason he was bought was because everyone thought Colo was going so replace him early (probably what got Llambias in hot water with Ashley) and once Colo's gone we'd be back to 3 cbs which is all the club wants. 

Who threw a tantrum?

Taylor I'd say, his agent certainly gave the suggestion rather openly that if he wasn't going to be playing he'd be off and its not unreasonable to speculate  Taylor would be rather more vocal in private

Well yanga should have been first choice at cb from the beginnig of the season. Still keeping him out is the same as still starting shola imo.

Never i have witnessed such a shortsighted manager - and he has a 8year contract. FFS !!!

Longterm thinkers would have yanga as first choice, still learning, adapting, but has a huge potential.

Basically i do not care if we loose, which i think we do

You couldn't put him first choice with Colo in there, though. Just a really dangerous combination.

That I can understand and accept, but with Colo out MYM has to be in there.

We're pretty safe this season, and so we should be playing him, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, and even Obertan (albeit not from the start). Time to give some of these guys more game time, so by the end of the season we know if they've really got it or not.

All this faffing about and playing Shola who has universally been accepted as a poor footballer with no room for improvement is beyond me.

Debuchy - Willo - MYM - Santon

--------Anita---Sissoko----------

HBA--------Marv---------Sammy

------------DeJong----------------

Should be our 10 players not named Tim Krul on the pitch.

Guardian seems to think that will be the team, although Shola for De Jong.... i really am praying that some how Shola is benched for De Jong but i'm not expecting it.

Would probably lose anyway but i'd feel a lot better about that team going into the coming weeks until the likes of Gouffran and Tiote are back.