Chelsea 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Dave

Guest BenArfa10

Thought santon was alright tbh

image.jpg

FFS just thought Santon doesn't look anything like him. Then I got the joke.  :jesuswept:

Passenger ?

Yeah  :lol:

Listen to what Mourino just said. Newcastle were the better team in the first half, Chelsea only ahead because of individual brilliance, how well Pardew set up the side given how hard it was for him to out out a team. And second half a different story, Chelsea in complete control. And that's exactly how I saw the game as well, sitting right on the half way line sitting right next to a box of marginally scary looking Russians...

My biggest issue isn't finishing 8th. It's that we basically gave up and were content with that after half the season instead of pushing on when we we had a chance.

:thup: Quite clearly been delighted with nearly reaching 40 points for a while now and it shows.

Pardew;

Didn't know what Mbiwa was doing for the pen. Pleased with de Jong, Sammi and Dummett. Chelsea's work-rate was outstanding. Says we threatened and should have taken one chance. Players gave everything against a good side. Picked Sissoko as captain to 'inspire' him - which he did. Goal-scoring is down to missing personnel. Spurs is another big game, that we could win with what we have available.

:thdn:

Eighth place ffs.

It's not a f***ing achievement it's par for the f***ing course.

Last season has really made some NUFC fans stupid

Not that I disagree about, but NUFC have finished higher than 8th exactly twice since Sir Robson was sacked and five times since 1996. This would represent a decent season, if their was any hope to build on it.

Eighth place ffs.

Not that I disagree about, but NUFC have finished higher than 8th exactly twice since Sir Robson was sacked and five times since 1996. This would represent a decent season, if their was any hope to build on it.

:thup: I would be pretty happy with eighth if it was a building block to greater things, but we've all been made very fucking aware that "8th is our 1st" and we have absolutely no intention of building.

Sigh.

Such apathy.

Eighth place ffs.

And this is also one of the better squads we've had since SBRs days as well.

Our of both cups with a whimper and humped in the derby what a good season we are having  :lol:

My biggest issue isn't finishing 8th. It's that we basically gave up and were content with that after half the season instead of pushing on when we we had a chance.

:thup: In a nutshell.

Eighth place ffs.

And this is also one of the better squads we've had since SBRs days as well.

Our of both cups with a whimper and humped in the derby what a good season we are having  :lol:

'We was done brilliantly this season'

- Alan Retardew

:thup: Quite clearly been delighted with nearly reaching 40 points for a while now and it shows.

I'm convinced Ashley was that pissed off for having to put 20m down to save us from relegation, he's planned to keep us mid-table all along so it wont risk his investment again. No cup runs or Europe, no problem.

His original model was to be like Arsenal, but sorry to say it's more like Stokes.  Starve the fucker of cash people.

I'm convinced Ashley was that pissed off for having to put 20m down to save us from relegation, he's planned to keep us mid-table all along so it wont risk his investment again. No cup runs or Europe, no problem.

His original model was to be like Arsenal, but sorry to say it's more like Stokes.  Starve the fucker of cash people.

Stoke's model involves spending money and trying to be good, but hiring managers who play terrible football.

Our model involves not spending money and trying to be mediocre, and hiring managers who play terrible football.

We can only dream of Stoke levels of ambition.

Guest neesy111

Wasn't as a bad as I feared, we managed a couple of good chances and kept the scoreline down relatively.

Chelsea were in 1st / 2nd gear for most of the game.

Complete lack of tactical nous by Pardew as usual and we regressed throughout the game as per usual.

The worst thing we could have done today would have been to score, it would have been like poking a wasps nest with a stick.  It was too easy for them and they didn't have to break into a sweat because of that.