Winnet Sports claim Glenn Hoddle linked with DOF role

Paully

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

At the moment we have good players but we seem to struggle once we pick up injuries because we have a whole spectrum of players who don't fit well in any one system. Whether we go for more technical players or pure pace and power, we've got to make a choice. We need a DOF to help us choose players who would suit us on the playing field and not only our finances.

Hoddle would not stand for Pardew's horrific football that's for sure.

give over. he's an ultra cautious protect what you've got type manager who lambasts players for not being as technically gifted as he was.

I'm sure he's not perfect, but I'd rather that than a former brick layer, who detests players because they are more technical than he ever was.

People really getting all excited over the prospect of Glen fucking Hoddle? His last stint as a manager was a failure with a championship side in 2006 and prior to that he mustered two mid table finishes with Spurs before being sacked for taking 4 points from his opening 6 games. He's done nothing of note since the 1990's yet he'd be class?

Now I'm all for replacing Pardew, but why do we have to get a has been? Why not a forward thinking, new manager?

People really getting all excited over the prospect of Glen fucking Hoddle? His last stint as a manager was a failure with a championship side in 2006 and prior to that he mustered two mid table finishes with Spurs before being sacked for taking 4 points from his opening 6 games. He's done nothing of note since the 1990's yet he'd be class?

Now I'm all for replacing Pardew, but why do we have to get a has been? Why not a forward thinking, new manager?

Are you aware of our owner?

I can't stand Hoddle personally, smug bastard that he is. I don't particularly rate him as a manager either, but he would play football as it's meant to be played, none of the long ball nonsense that we have to endure now. He might not be a bad DOF, although he did build a side of very small players at Chelsea. It was one of the shortest in stature in the league IIRC. College Dropout would have a stroke.