Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

England, Switzerland, Hungary and N.Ireland would be the dream group.

England, Italy, Poland, Turkey probably the worst case scenario?

Albania ahead of Northern Ireland for me. We should be able to get out of even the worst possible group really. No chance of any groups of death thanks to the new format.

I'm guessing the numbers of the pots relates directly to their position in the group?

I've got tickets for E1 v E4. While it's good to have a seeded team, the opposition isn't exactly going to be great if so.

I think so aye as France are A1. I've got E1 n all for one of mine.

I'm guessing the numbers of the pots relates directly to their position in the group?

I've got tickets for E1 v E4. While it's good to have a seeded team, the opposition isn't exactly going to be great if so.

depends on who the seeded team is I suppose, Spain or Germany vs any of pot 4 and yeah it won't be great but could be a closer game with the rest of the seeds

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/290626039/EURO-2016-The-Group-E-effect

So unfair :lol: France, who are already placed in group A, if they win their group they get a third place team in the round of 16 then a second placed team in the quarter finals. So the earliest they can play a group winner is in the semi final. You really want to avoid being in group E and F though, as if you win those two groups, you're faced against a second placed team in the round of 16, then likely against a group winner in the quarters and semis.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/290626039/EURO-2016-The-Group-E-effect

So unfair [emoji38] France, who are already placed in group A, if they win their group they get a third place team in the round of 16 then a second placed team in the quarter finals. So the earliest they can play a group winner is in the semi final. You really want to avoid being in group E and F though, as if you win those two groups, you're faced against a second placed team in the round of 16, then likely against a group winner in the quarters and semis.

This is what happens when you have tournaments with daft numbers of teams.