Century of away wins

Superior Acuña

Now that we've won 100 away games in the PL, I thought it'd be interesting to go through and try to see how many I'd been to, how lucky I'd been with my away selection (went around 4 years without an away PL win at one point despite regularly going).

I counted 26 for me, the most being 4 at Villa.  This is the first season since I've been going that I've not been to any games, I missed most of 2011/12 and started going to away games in 1995/96. (cos I was 6 years old not cos I'm a mackem's Keegan bandwagon fantasy). My first every away game was a victory - 3-1 at Everton in 1995/96, and my last was a win too, QPR at the end of last season. I've only seen us win at Man City of the top 6 - (never at Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool or Spurs) - edit, well ManU are 7th, ye kna what I mean

edit:

27. Forgot about Coventry 1-0 in 95/96.

United's 100 PL away wins have come as follows:

8 Aston Villa

7 Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United

6 Leeds United, smoggies

5 Everton, mackems

4 Arsenal, Bolton Wanderers, Crystal Palace

3 Blackburn Rovers, Coventry City, Derby County, Fulham, Queens Park Rangers, Sheffield Wednesday, West Bromwich Albion

2 Birmingham City, Ipswich Town, Leicester City

1 Cardiff City, Chelsea, Charlton Athletic, Hull City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Portsmouth, Sheffield United, Southampton, Stoke City, Swansea City, Wigan Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

0 Barnsley, Blackpool, Bradford City,  Reading, Swindon Town, Watford, Wimbledon.

(source: nufc.com)

Arsenal 1-3 Newcastle

Spurs 1-4 Newcastle

Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle

Derby 2-3 Newcastle

Man U 0-1 Newcastle

Leeds 3-4 Newcastle

Sheff Wed 0-2 Newcastle

Boro 1-4 Newcastle

Bolton 1-3 Newcastle

Every smb away win

Just a few of my personal favourites

Been to 13, I think, competitive away games and I'm yet to see us lose :cool:

That list of grounds we didn't win at reads like the Pointless answer to name a PL team from the last 20 odd years :lol: Atrocious.

Leeds 3-4 in the snow was my favourite. Closely followed by winning 2-0 at Bolton, finally.

brilliant day that. almost in tears when nobby was stood in front of the away end after scoring the winner.

Only seen us win away twice. :lol: It was an ongoing joke for a while amongst our group.

Sunderland 0-1 Newcastle (Solano pen, I was in the home end)

Peterborough 2-3 Newcastle

Not even going to count the number of awful draws/losses I've seen. The trips have all been canny though.

Leeds 3-4 in the snow was my favourite. Closely followed by winning 2-0 at Bolton, finally.

Probably mine too, special day. (hence the avatar)

Other highlights include a couple of the mackem aways, Derby 3-2 was great, boro 4-1 as mentioned and actually 2-0 at Villa last season was up there - a lot of relief.

Guest Roger Kint

Villa 6, Leeds/Boro 3, mackems 2, Bolton 1 and Blackburn 2 i think is my lot. About 15 defeats too mind, including horrible ones at OT, Blackburn, Derby & Liverpool

Guest Roger Kint

Villa 6, Leeds/Boro 3, mackems 2, Bolton 1 and Blackburn 2 i think is my lot. About 15 defeats too mind, including horrible ones at OT, Blackburn, Derby & Liverpool

Just remembered another horror show of 1-4 at Leeds with Ian Rush up front :anguish: