Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Surprised we didn't keep him and give him a chance this season. Would rather him over Murphy..

looks more in form as a goal scorer than any of the forwards we kept here, baffling tbh.

Its not baffling, he'd not have had the minutes to prove himself here.

Barnsley scored 4 after he went off in the last game, he'd not have had a full game the following match to get a goal if he did likewise here.

He'd have been competing for a spot against Gayle and Perez, he wouldn't have got much game time. I think loaning him out was the best thing for him, the regular football will stand to him later.

Can't see why he couldn't have been pressing for a game here instead of Gayle or, especially, Pérez.

You can't teach the finishing instinct and composure he has. Really hoping he comes back in January and Rafa shows some confidence in the lad.

He'd have been competing for a spot against Gayle and Perez, he wouldn't have got much game time. I think loaning him out was the best thing for him, the regular football will stand to him later.

Can't see why he couldn't have been pressing for a game here instead of Gayle or, especially, Pérez.

You can't teach the finishing instinct and composure he has. Really hoping he comes back in January and Rafa shows some confidence in the lad.

Perez, Mitrovic, Gayle and Murphy all have more experience at this level, if he had stayed here he would have had nowhere near the opportunity. No one was criticising the loan at the time because he's never played in this division before, and if he had stayed he would probably still be getting 15 minutes here 20 minutes there. The best thing for him is to go to Barnsley and score goals, so when he comes back he'll have a legitimate claim to be starting. If he comes back in Jan with 8-10 goals to his name he should be starting alongside Mitrovic.

• 3 weeks later...

Do the same rules apply as in the Premier League in that loanees can't play against their parent club?

As far as I know, there's real no 'cant'.

Really depends on the parent club to put a clause into the loan contract, which happens 100% of the time anyway.

Do the same rules apply as in the Premier League in that loanees can't play against their parent club?

Really depends on the parent club to put a clause into the loan contract, which happens 100% of the time anyway.

Knowing out lot........

Guest neesy111

No, the PL rules now forbid loanees playing against their parent club.

Not sure about the football league though.

Guest neesy111

Sure it was mentioned when he joined that he wouldn't be available.

Was it Lua Lua who scored against us when on loan at Portsmouth?

The goal the difference between us finishing 5th rather than 4th? Was a close run thing if memory served. We lost loads of late points that season iirc

Only won 2 away games all season, lost only 8 games in 38 mind.  Far too many draws.

English League's don't allow it.

Another goal today. Imagine him with a full season under Rafa.  :rose:

I do think it was the right decision to loan him out though. Especially considering how little game time Mitro has had.

Yes on hindsight, it was absolutely the right idea to loan him out. Clear to me that Rafa in terms of otation, see Gayle and Mitro as playing the same postion, Gayle is on fire so Mitro is not getting any game time. Behind one of thsoe two is his "number 10", and that's Diame and Perez. We've got Murphy too, so we aren't short, I suspect Arma is more of Gayle/Mitro position player in Rafa's system.