Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Think his biggest problem is that he's too small for a striker imo.

Just like Adam Campbell was. It's ok when you play at youth level or even in league one but in the Premier League or Championship I think you must be strong to cope with the defenders.

Hope he will prove me wrong. Theres still time for him and I think it's the right move to loan him to a championship club as long as he get games.

He's the same height as Surgeo Aguero. He's not too small but to be that small and succeed you need to very strong in other physical attributes and I'm not certain he's got them to be successful in the Premier League.

Just like Adam Campbell was. It's ok when you play at youth level or even in league one but in the Premier League or Championship I think you must be strong to cope with the defenders.

Hope he will prove me wrong. Theres still time for him and I think it's the right move to loan him to a championship club as long as he get games.

He's the same height as Surgeo Aguero. He's not too small but to be that small and succeed you need to very strong in other physical attributes and I'm not certain he's got them to be successful in the Premier League.

:thup: Aguero has excellent lower body strength.

Both he and Jacob Murphy were at Coventry at the same time, literally taking the p*ss out of league 1 on a weekly basis. One is potentially on the verge of a 10 mil transfer, the other off to Humberside :lol:

Murphy is two years older than him mind.

Both he and Jacob Murphy were at Coventry at the same time, literally taking the piss out of league 1 on a weekly basis. One is potentially on the verge of a 10 mil transfer, the other off to Humberside :lol:

Jacob is 2 years older then Armstrong though.

Both he and Jacob Murphy were at Coventry at the same time, literally taking the p*ss out of league 1 on a weekly basis. One is potentially on the verge of a 10 mil transfer, the other off to Humberside :lol:

Is he going to Hull? Haven't seen anything mentioned.

:thup: Aguero has excellent lower body strength.

Thats what I mean with small. Not that he's too short but he must be stronger (like Aguero).

Messi is also short and not too strong but has exceptionell skills and balance so think he could make it in the Premier League as well.😉

Duly noted. :thup:

However, Arma got nearly double the amount of goals while at Coventry, admittedly playing as a striker. I just feel like I expect him to push on, not linger at championship lower league teams. I'm personally hoping this season is his last at that level, getting a full season under his belt at a decent side pushing for promotion, not grabbing a half a dozen goals at Barnsley.

Is he going to Hull? Haven't seen anything mentioned.

Just what I and others have seen and read on here and twitter etc, nowt concrete :lol:

Duly noted. :thup:

However, Arma got nearly double the amount of goals while at Coventry, admittedly playing as a striker. I just feel like I expect him to push on, not linger at championship lower league teams. I'm personally hoping this season is his last at that level, getting a full season under his belt at a decent side pushing for promotion, not grabbing a half a dozen goals at Barnsley.

I disagree, I think he needs another season at a club exactly like Barnsley to be honest, like Abraham at Bristol City and Armstrong before at Coventry - a team with low expectations where he has the freedom to make mistakes. A team chasing promotion will see him side-lined for only a few mistakes.

Why? What happens if he has a really good season on loan?

He's had half a season in League One where he was class and spent most of last season struggling to break into Barnsley's team. He's not been rated by any of our previous (or current) manager and hoyed out on loan at every opportunity.

Last season we chose to buy and play Daryl Murphy (and sometimes Gouffran upfront) rather than keeping him as an option.

The lad isn't good enough but he'll certainly have a decent enough career lower Championship/upper League One.

How can you judge someone so definitively at that age? I'm being lazy and using the Kane comparison already mentioned in here but he looked no where near the player he is now even as recently as when he barely played under Hughton on loan at Norwich. He had talent, got game time on loan and developed.

One thing that caught my eye on one of those Jacob Murphy compilation videos is how good Armstrong looked for Coventry. I'm not by any stretch saying he's good enough now but he's obviously talented. Send him on loan and fingers crossed we might have a decent player all going well. I don't get how people can be so certain.