Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

I'm not unimpressed lol, can't believe he's only 19 from how long he seems to have been getting the odd game. Basically is he actually a straightforward sturridge like striker, I kind of got impression he was a no 10 at some point...

I have only seen snatches of him in action, but he doesn't look like a poacher type like Cisse, more like a potential Bellamy without quite the electric pace. But it looks like he can finish when he gets the chance though, Bellamy relied more on the sheer power from his left foot.

What?

[emoji38]

I'm not unimpressed lol, can't believe he's only 19 from how long he seems to have been getting the odd game. Basically is he actually a straightforward sturridge like striker, I kind of got impression he was a no 10 at some point...

I have only seen snatches of him in action, but he doesn't look like a poacher type like Cisse, more like a potential Bellamy without quite the electric pace. But it looks like he can finish when he gets the chance though, Bellamy relied more on the sheer power from his left foot.

I can't get my head around this like, when people are this wrong is it because they're making stuff up on a board full of people acutely aware of the reality? [emoji38]

I don't remember him coming into a game where a win was secure and he could build some confidence under minimal pressure.  He's always been thrown on to try and produce that little bit of magic. 

That, plus I don't think we've played him in his natural position yet, which is at #9.  He's played wide or in the hole, which I'm sure he'll be fine at in the long run, but his clear strengths are playing up against the CBs and running into space.

being away from the pressure of sjp is helping him. just seemed under so much pressure to show he was "the next big thing" whenever he stepped out for us.

As Ian W said, getting a half decent chance in the first team is helping him, he never got that here

I don't remember him coming into a game where a win was secure and he could build some confidence under minimal pressure.  He's always been thrown on to try and produce that little bit of magic. 

That, plus I don't think we've played him in his natural position yet, which is at #9.  He's played wide or in the hole, which I'm sure he'll be fine at in the long run, but his clear strengths are playing up against the CBs and running into space.

Aye.

Bit of everything in that goal. Good pace and strength to catch the defender, fantastic touch and turn that Bergkamp would have been proud of and then a nice finish. Definitely has something about him that could be special.

Bet my mate minutes per goal Armstrong will finish better than what we have.

That's a good bet. Barnsley will soon realise how he operates and with their gung-ho style, it'll be geared to Armstrong's strengths on the counter. As a team I reckon they're going to score lots, but also ship tonnes over the course of the season.

I very much doubt we're going to top the league for goals scored this season.