Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

From Shearer & Fenton to Graham & Armstrong. Geordie power!

Fenton was a Mackam. Bit of a myth he was a Geordie.

What make you think that? He’s from North Tyneside and on the fateful day he had a group of Newcastle supporting mates down staying at his place. Bet that made for an interesting post-match pint.

Wrong. Categorically wrong. His family are all from Whitley Bay. He played at Cramlington Juniors for his whole junior footballing life until he signed for Villa. I know him and his family.

His father, Ray, sadly died of a brain haemorrage about ten years ago.

Well my lasses' aunty is his cousin and you couldn't be further from the truth like.

• 5 weeks later...

What make you think that? He’s from North Tyneside and on the fateful day he had a group of Newcastle supporting mates down staying at his place. Bet that made for an interesting post-match pint.

Wrong. Categorically wrong. His family are all from Whitley Bay. He played at Cramlington Juniors for his whole junior footballing life until he signed for Villa. I know him and his family.

His father, Ray, sadly died of a brain haemorrage about ten years ago.

Well my lasses' aunty is his cousin and you couldn't be further from the truth like.

All I’ll say is a friend of mine went to his school and he never acted like one and he went to the Sunderland (their end) play-off game against Charlton and was cheering them on.

Fair play if you are close with his family though. :thup:

Fenton does an interview in Touching Distance and it mentions he had followed Newcastle since he was a boy

John Carver says the same kind of stuff and he was a Wolves fan :lol:

Like I say if others know him well fair enough.

Why can't he be our Harry Kane?

Certainly had a better young England career and is now gaining experience on loan.

I think he/the club wasted a season sitting pretty much on the bench this and last season: should have had another year in league one straight after the successful Coventry loan to give him more experience of regular football

Worked wonders for Dele Alli

He can't be our Harry Kane because he's got nowhere near that level of talent. England Youth isn't the be all and end all.

I don't recall Harry Kane looking anywhere decent until he came back after all his loans.

If he was 6ft 2 with all he has now he'd be making it in the championship. But his size let's him down as a lone striker so he's forced on to wing support and doesn't have enough skills to pull it off. His only chance is a paired support striker, so really under Rafa he's not got any hope of making it.

Still hope he cracks it, but time is running out.

Can't be arsed to check but I'm pretty sure at Armstrong's age Jamie Vardy was making it in non-league football. Not comparing them, but maybe Vardy would have struggled in the championship at that time and might have been completely overlooked.

Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater were all on the bench in that mad playoff game against Watford

Can't be arsed to check but I'm pretty sure at Armstrong's age Jamie Vardy was making it in non-league football. Not comparing them, but maybe Vardy would have struggled in the championship at that time and might have been completely overlooked.

Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater were all on the bench in that mad playoff game against Watford

:lol: wasn't it Knockaert who missed the penalty and Deeney blasted in the winner?