Lee Charnley

Dave

If you add up the fees in for the Carr buys less the fees out for the Carr scouted sales what's that net to? Curious if Gini, Sissoko, Cabaye, and Janmaat outweigh it.

Sissoko alone was a £28.5m profit so you'd think so.  £15m profit on Cabaye, £6m on Debuchy, £10m (?) on Gini.....

I reckon it's a big profit overall but it includes two relegations, and the money involved with the premiership is where you want to be. I really can't fathom how any of the idiot minds running this club work. Thick as mince the lot of them.

It also includes 2 massive increases in the TV deal which have bumped up prices.  Look at how the mackems got 14m for PvA.

Which makes it even more baffling as to why they didn't want to back Rafa to make it 100% certain of promotion, which Townsend and another CM would have done.

Dumb as fuck this lot.

Not really. They're trying to do a Keegan on him.

Maybe but that would make sense if were up not trying to go up, which could backfire and we could miss out on promotion. Fuck knows, all i can now see is thick as mince idiots who keep making the wrong decisions and not learning from past ones.

Not really. They're trying to do a Keegan on him.

Maybe but that would make sense if were up not trying to to go up, which could backfire and we could miss out on promotion. Fuck knows, all i can now see is thick as mince idiots who keep making the wrong decisions and not learning from past ones.

They probably feel they could go up with Mike himself in charge with a squad as strong and handsome as this one.

While both Carr and Charnley are part of the problem, and in an ideal world would be replaced, any replacements under Ashley's ownership would likely only get the job on the provision they follow Ashley's instructions.  Unless there is a change in philosophy from Ashley I can't see much changing regardless of staff (in the Carr/Charnley roles).

Can only hope that Rafa is able to convince Ashley that there HAS to be a change in the way he does things.

While both Carr and Charnley are part of the problem, and in an ideal world would be replaced, any replacements under Ashley's ownership would likely only get the job on the provision they follow Ashley's instructions.  Unless there is a change in philosophy from Ashley I can't see much changing regardless of staff (in the Carr/Charnley roles).

Can only hope that Rafa is able to convince Ashley that there HAS to be a change in the way he does things.

Not a hope...until Ashley sells, the club will stagger from disaster to disaster.

• 4 months later...

Desperately under qualified for the job he's in is the main problem here. I cringe when I think of him representing NUFC at home or abroad in transfer negotiations. They'd be better off letting Rafa take care of all that until pre season training starts.

You just know if there is a takeover Lee will have to stay to teach them the ropes. I Hope these rumours of him being in China are true & he's doing mike's sales pitch, which is crazy because I wouldn't trust him with a balloon on a stick let alone transfer negotiations. Charley is a little slow where it counts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chopey

It must be a bit of a pisser for Charnley negotiating deals for players that earn more in a fortnight than he earns in a year

• 1 month later...