Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Doesn't fill me with confidence regarding Rafa that statement :(

I thought that too. They wouldn't be releasing a statement now if there was going to be one coming saying Rafa is staying.

They released a statement because we are relegated. He'll stay if we offer him full control of football matters. It's as simple as that.

It's as simple as that? Surely you don't really believe that?

NUFC released this totally meaningless statement on Wednesday evening, credited to Lee Charnley:

"Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

"I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and under-achievement.

"Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

You've hit the nail on the head there, we certainly don't deserve to suffer because a jumped-up office boy perpetually fails to do his job, abetted by a London PR bluffer with zero football knowledge.

How about taking responsibility for employing Steve McClaren, taking responsibility for dithering over sacking him and taking responsibility for the delay in appointing Rafa Benitez, Lee? An outcome that sees you losing your job would be more than deserving.... 

"I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

And after spunking millions of pounds on unplayable idiots at the behest of certain agents, you'll now proceed to sack people whose loyalty to the club is routinely exploited as they work year in year out for little or no increase on their derisory wages.

"We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun. Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters."

The only communication required is that of your departure and that the owner has sold up and gone. Everything else is irrelevant. 

Anyone got Ashley's address?  I want to send him my CV*.  I've got as much experience as Charnley and will do the job for half of what he did.

*some anthrax

19 Totteridge Common, London N20 8LR, UK. Please note, I do not advocate sending CVs* to Mike Ashley.

*anthrax is okay

I thought that too. They wouldn't be releasing a statement now if there was going to be one coming saying Rafa is staying.

They released a statement because we are relegated. He'll stay if we offer him full control of football matters. It's as simple as that.

I really do. Ashley is a thin skinned fatty who doesn't like too much attention. He'll give Benitez whatever he wants to keep him here if he has any hope of getting back into the premier. What are the alternatives? Steve Bruce? Neil fucking Warnock?

I really do. Ashley is a thin skinned fatty who doesn't like too much attention. He'll give Benitez whatever he wants to keep him here if he has any hope of getting back into the premier. What are the alternatives? Steve Bruce? Neil fucking Warnock?

Aye. For a fraction of the price too.

A fraction of what price? The £100m we just lost by dropping out of the premier?

I actually think the money side of it isn't a big of an issue as it was before. It's their lack of brains that worry me more now.

You so obviously need exactly the same thing we do - to be razed to the fucking ground and started again.

Hopefully both clubs will get a purging of these time serving cunts who don't fucking get it.

It should be nigh on impossible to fail to keep clubs like Newcastle and Villa in the top flight, do the minimum and take the big television money. It should be almost impossible to do this in a season where we've just seen the likes of Bournemouth and Watford get promoted and survive.

That's the damning thing about these people - their performance, their total lack of understanding, their total inability to do their fucking jobs, it is right there, for all to see, but they continue to survive.

Why do you keep calling it "the premier"? :)

Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the Club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and underachievement.

Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This Club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun.

Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters.

Of course.  It's a big one!

About £400k difference in prize money, biggest game in the club's recent history.

By the time the final whistle goes on Sunday there's every chance the gap will be 7 points. If you're 7 points short after having spaffed 80 million then you've got to lose your job? Surely to God even Ashley will look at that and think "nah, that's fucking rank, off you pop".

Guest firetotheworks

NUFC released this totally meaningless statement on Wednesday evening, credited to Lee Charnley:

"Tonight we are devastated at our relegation from the Premier League, as I know every single person connected to this football club will be.

"I want to thank all of the fans for the support you have shown for the club you love throughout the season, in spite of this massive disappointment and under-achievement.

"Your support throughout has been magnificent, but I want to pay particular thanks for the incredible backing you have given to Rafa and the team during the latter part of the season. Nothing more could be asked of you and I am truly sorry we have not given you the outcome you deserve.

You've hit the nail on the head there, we certainly don't deserve to suffer because a jumped-up office boy perpetually fails to do his job, abetted by a London PR bluffer with zero football knowledge.

How about taking responsibility for employing Steve McClaren, taking responsibility for dithering over sacking him and taking responsibility for the delay in appointing Rafa Benitez, Lee? An outcome that sees you losing your job would be more than deserving.... 

"I also want to thank every single member of staff here. This club is their livelihood, but they are fans too. To go through the threat of relegation last season and then to suffer a worse fate this time around has been very hard for them. I know that each and every one of them has done whatever they could to help us out of the situation we now find ourselves in.

And after spunking millions of pounds on unplayable idiots at the behest of certain agents, you'll now proceed to sack people whose loyalty to the club is routinely exploited as they work year in year out for little or no increase on their derisory wages.

"We know that supporters want to know what the future holds and will want to hear more from us as soon as possible. The process of scrutinising what went wrong and planning for what is to come has already begun. Right now, of course, Rafa and the team must prepare for the final game of the season but after that, please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters."

The only communication required is that of your departure and that the owner has sold up and gone. Everything else is irrelevant. 

.com get right on my tits, but I couldn't have put that any better myself.

"please rest assured we will communicate more fully with supporters."

Ah that's good to know.  Really reassuring. 

So they'll keep sending e-mails and doing those pointless fan forums.  Whilst we languish in mid-table in the Championship and we still have a load of useless fucks, running our beloved club.  :idiot2:

Guest firetotheworks

Their idea of communication.

"Full steam ahead"

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/titanic/images/1/10/Fleet_Lee_nid-de-pie.png/revision/latest?cb=20120729224325&path-prefix=fr

Their idea of communication.

"Full steam ahead"

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/titanic/images/1/10/Fleet_Lee_nid-de-pie.png/revision/latest?cb=20120729224325&path-prefix=fr

:lol: Wonderful referencing :clap:

EDIT: Completely off topic but I once had a dream that I was the guy who shouted "ICE BERG RIGHT AHEAD!"

Traumatic as fuck and I woke up in a cold sweat, the one truly terrifying dream I've had

:milner: