Lesta, Buhnley and who else?

Mr. Snrub

Out of interest, why do we have the chant "We hate Nottingham Forest..."?

It is just that basically we hate everyone, but love Newcastle

TO do with the miners' strikes and them crossing the pickets, is it not?

Don't think so as that chant was around in the early 70s and before their successful period.  Could simply be because it is a good "fit" for the first line and the other teams mentioned would often change depending on which club's fans were singing it.

Out of interest, why do we have the chant "We hate Nottingham Forest..."?

It is just that basically we hate everyone, but love Newcastle

TO do with the miners' strikes and them crossing the pickets, is it not?

Nope.

It was sung long before then and was sung by every clubs' fans not just ours. It was one of "the" chants of the time and I remember an old MOTD commentator saying something like "Nottingham Forest - the team everyone hates".

Of course the really important part to remember is the emphatic "and Leicester" after "Sunderland too".

Dunno who the Forest fans used to use in lieu - possibly Tottenham Hotspur ??

Anyway to answer the OP I'd love to see Forest back up, it's been far too long.

Won't Bournemouth and Ipswich be absolute night mares to get to for away fans?

Or, depending how you look at it, an opportunity for a long weekend away on the lash, in Bournemouth's case with the added attraction of a ground the vast majority won't have seen the toon play at before.

Think glass half full  :)

Whoever is least likely to embarrass us in a football match... That rules out Reading and Brighton based on recent seasons.. Bournemouth sound like the exact kind of club that we'd lose to with an disgraceful performance, so not them either.. Can Boro be promoted or are they still mid-table?

Whoever is least likely to embarrass us in a football match... That rules out Reading and Brighton based on recent seasons.. Bournemouth sound like the exact kind of club that we'd lose to with an disgraceful performance, so not them either.. Can Boro be promoted or are they still mid-table?

Because we have such a good derby record recently? :lol:

Anyone but Derby.

Horrible away day, Kenny Milller made things worse.

I'll get the ball rolling with Derby. A few good friends of mine from Uni live there and work for Rolls Royce and with it being fairly central it tends to be a good place for us to congregate.

Every trip I have made I have encountered unpleasantness from the citizens. Once went straight there from work so was still in my suit. Met my friends in town. We were in a pub (not a dive by any accounts), I went for a p*ss and had someone block my way to the urinal to call me a red tied c***. This was only about 9.00pm.

I can remember going to watch some football in a pub on a Saturday. It was the Man Utd v City game that finished 6-1. We were watching it on a big screen TV. 5th goal went in for City and some Man Utd fan preceded to spit a huge greeny on the top of the screen that went on to dribble its way down the screen for the next 15 minutes.

I once had to catch a bus from the train station to East Midlands Airport. Sat by an old man who continually swore and made racist remarks the whole journey. It really is a place full of strange and aggressive people.

In answer to the OP, in order of preference:

Bournemouth would look like a good weekend away, I know some toon fans who live down there that I normally only see about once a season, and, importantly, would without doubt fill 1 of the relegation spots.

Wigan is a decent day out on the lash with very cheap beer even if the match is normally dogshit. Never been to Forest so would be favourable towards them but imo they will struggle to make the play-offs anyway.

Derby is not too far away and convenient being on the cross-country mainline, if not the most pleasant place/people.

Probably wouldn't bother with Ipswich or QPR again personally, but might change my mind if they come up and I'm not working that weekend.

And Reading/Brighton can fuck right off!!!

Guest Walter

Quite happily have:

Middlesbrough

Leeds

Barnsley

Sheff U

Sheff W

Derby

Leicester

Forest

In place of:

Palace

Fulham

West Ham

Cardiff

Villa

West Brom

Stoke

Norwich

Remember Derby fans being class back in 06/07 (ish?), pretty much selling out Pride Park every fortnight despite being terrible. Constant chants of "we're shit and we know we are" and "Going down, going down going down...... so are we, so are, so are we" filling the stadium. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Remember Derby fans being class back in 06/07 (ish?), pretty much selling out Pride Park every fortnight despite being terrible. Constant chants of "we're shit and we know we are" and "Going down, going down going down...... so are we, so are, so are we" filling the stadium. :lol:

07/08

We were their only win that season. :anguish: :yao:

Remember Derby fans being class back in 06/07 (ish?), pretty much selling out Pride Park every fortnight despite being terrible. Constant chants of "we're s*** and we know we are" and "Going down, going down going down...... so are we, so are, so are we" filling the stadium. :lol:

07/08

4 out of 11 points against us :lol:

Won't Bournemouth and Ipswich be absolute night mares to get to for away fans?

Or, depending how you look at it, an opportunity for a long weekend away on the lash, in Bournemouth's case with the added attraction of a ground the vast majority won't have seen the toon play at before.

Think glass half full  :)

You just know our away fixture would be one of the few selected for midweek.

I was looking at Derby's attendances that year, and they never dropped below 30,000 (33,000) capacity. Pretty impressive given how bad they were.

To think, over a third of their points total came against us :lol:

Also, I hated Dean Leacock.

Guest neesy111

Remember Derby fans being class back in 06/07 (ish?), pretty much selling out Pride Park every fortnight despite being terrible. Constant chants of "we're s*** and we know we are" and "Going down, going down going down...... so are we, so are, so are we" filling the stadium. :lol:

07/08

4 out of 11 points against us :lol:

4 mins away for doing the double as well.  :anguish: