Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, I certainly did not see this coming...

"Ginger Pirlo" ffs, think Roy needs to be sectioned...is his long term plan to bore the opposition with unspectacular football? Colback is going to add nothing to the international setup.

I'm not even that big a fan of Colback but it's incredibly sad that so many posters seem to be yearning for the lad to fail while arseholes who left us at the first opportunity are still fawned over.

Who are all the posters yearning for him to fail? People are finding the call up amusing and surprising based on what he's shown thus far in his career in the PL, look around and most other fans from other clubs share the same view.

I'm not even that big a fan of Colback but it's incredibly sad that so many posters seem to be yearning for the lad to fail while arseholes who left us at the first opportunity are still fawned over.

:thup:

I agree that some people almost seem to want this lad to fail. He may not be a world beater, but has the ability to be a useful squad player at least for us, and possibly for England in some capacity.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup:

Who are all the posters yearning for him to fail? People are finding the call up amusing and surprising based on what he's shown thus far in his career in the PL, look around and most other fans from other clubs share the same view.

Exactly this. Since he's our player I doubt many people are yearning for him to fail. Quite they opposite I'd say, I for one hope he performs really well, especially for NUFC. Doesn't mean I can't have a bit of a laugh about his inclusion in the England squad. Jack Colback for England, I'm fairly certain those who think this is a good idea would have ridiculed it half a year ago when he was a Sunderland left back.

The idea seems ludicrous but just look at the options. I'm pretty certain the next pick would be Jack Rodwel.

After that - Championship lads come Into the picture. 

Jack Rodwell would have been a more logical choice, considering he's at least of international pedigree, been capped before and if it wasn't for lack of playing time and fitness (which he is currently getting) he would have perhaps been included in the WC squad. Another far more credible options would have been James Ward-Prowse, and for your sake I hope there's more young and talented English midfield players about, or else the future is very bleak indeed.

Also, the Championship comment is well weird. People criticise young players for moving to sit on the bench of the big Premiership clubs all the time (like Jack Rodwell), so why should young talented players who actually do get sufficient playing time to improve themselves (like Will Hughes for example) be out of contention for an international call up before all the Premiership dross who will never make it at that level (this is where I consider Colback to be) have been considered?

I guess what I am trying to say is that in international football it is not just a case of selecting the 23 most in form players of your nationality; there should also be a little bit of forward thinking and a few places in every squad should be reserved for up and coming youngsters who may not be ready now but represent the future and could benefit from the experience.

Don't understand why guys in the championship don't get called up tbh. If they are showing genuine class int heir play then they should be, even if they are not facing prem competition.

The problem in this country is that these players aren't in the prem because the clubs ask way too much for them! Not necessarily because they aren't good enough. They should be given a chance at international level if they are doing great in the championship, and have also done well for the under 21s.

If they perform well for the full England team then maybe someone will actually fork out the huge sums being asked for by their championship clubs.

Will Hughes is a good example as Unbelievable! mentioned.

If Hughes plays for England now, a top 4 club buys him for £20m, sits on the bench for 2 years, stagnates and ends up at Sunderland.

That may happen regardless. It could also signal that a player who does well at Championship level does not need to move to a Premiership club (bench) to be considered for the national team, which can only be a good thing for your young players' development.

If Hughes plays for England now, a top 4 club buys him for £20m, sits on the bench for 2 years, stagnates and ends up at Sunderland.

Well it would be up to him to make sure he went somewhere he would play ultimately. If the likes of Spurs/Liverpool rather than Chelsea/ Man City came in for him then he'd have to be smart about it.

Well it would be up to him to make sure he went somewhere he would play ultimately. If the likes of Spurs/Liverpool rather than Chelsea/ Man City came in for him then he'd have to be smart about it.

Exactly. I don't understand this bollocks about feeling sorry for someone who has signed for one of the big clubs and became a nothing player. No player is forced to sign a contract.

Guest firetotheworks

There's no way that Ronaldo is having a go at people for fawning over talented arseholes and disliking mediocre 'canny lads' like. :lol:

I don't want him to fail, I just think he's bang average and him playing for England is a bit of a joke.

There's no way that Ronaldo is having a go at people for fawning over talented arseholes and disliking mediocre 'canny lads' like. :lol:

I don't want him to fail, I just think he's bang average and him playing for England is a bit of a joke.

Aye, I'm just a bit staggered that being neat and tidy gets you in the England squad. If he plays then I hope he does ok for the record. It's more a reflection of the state of the national team rather than a pop at Colback.

The idea seems ludicrous but just look at the options. I'm pretty certain the next pick would be Jack Rodwel.

After that - Championship lads come Into the picture. 

Jack Rodwell would have been a more logical choice, considering he's at least of international pedigree, been capped before and if it wasn't for lack of playing time and fitness (which he is currently getting) he would have perhaps been included in the WC squad. Another far more credible options would have been James Ward-Prowse, and for your sake I hope there's more young and talented English midfield players about, or else the future is very bleak indeed.

Also, the Championship comment is well weird. People criticise young players for moving to sit on the bench of the big Premiership clubs all the time (like Jack Rodwell), so why should young talented players who actually do get sufficient playing time to improve themselves (like Will Hughes for example) be out of contention for an international call up before all the Premiership dross who will never make it at that level (this is where I consider Colback to be) have been considered?

I guess what I am trying to say is that in international football it is not just a case of selecting the 23 most in form players of your nationality; there should also be a little bit of forward thinking and a few places in every squad should be reserved for up and coming youngsters who may not be ready now but represent the future and could benefit from the experience.

If a nation is picking players from it's second division - something is rotten to the core about the league. Will Hughes should be in the Premiership. Playing in the CH is better than sitting on the bench but he should be starting in our top division. We are third rate end of.

It's rotten to the core regardless btw.  But Colback encourages the right behaviour. Playing pretty regularly in the PL. I think Rodwell has to pay some dues. Hughes has to play in the PL.

Would love for Cleverley to move to La Liga and make something of himself.  LOL @ him replacing Rakitic though.