Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But he said: “Sunderland fans knew he was our player anyway, they just stole him for a little while.”

Seriously, how has he got the nerve to try to wind that lot up when they humiliate every one of his sides that is put in front of them?!  Just shut the fuck up, man.

He's Poyet's bitch.

Surely only doing it in a futile attempt to curry favour with the idiots who believe him.

I know he's got a habit of putting his foot in it, but with his record I'm surprised he's making any references to Sunderland. We are going to play them at least twice this season and he's lost his last 4 on the bounce to Poyet hasn't he?

Holy s***! Do people actually think Jack f***ing Colback is deserving of an England call up? I've heard it all now.. :mackems:

Holy s***! :mackems: Who do you think should be called up ahead of him then? Barkley and Lallana are injured, Gerrard and Lampard have just retired, and Rodwell has barely played 5 games in the past two seasons. He's there because Hodgson has to call up a certain number of players ffs. He's "next" in the pecking order, so what the hell is the problem with having a look at him? :lol:

We've taken the p*ss, and in context rightly so, out of him and the fact that Pardew wanted him to replace Cabaye. But he's our player now, and he hasn't done much wrong so far. I don't often agree with Ronaldo, but on this account I fully agree that we should wish him the best of luck. If the call-up gives Colback any additional confidence that he ups his game for us, then all the better for NUFC.

He's been a stand out player in a decidedly average Newcastle side, I was as pissed off as most when he joined but he hasn't done much wrong since being here and has impressed given the chance. So why not? Let him have his chance, see if he can do something for England. After all it was Pardew who told him to aim for England :lol:

A stand out player man. :lol:

Holy s***! Do people actually think Jack f***ing Colback is deserving of an England call up? I've heard it all now.. :mackems:

Holy s***! :mackems: Who do you think should be called up ahead of him then? Barkley and Lallana are injured, Gerrard and Lampard have just retired, and Rodwell has barely played 5 games in the past two seasons. He's there because Hodgson has to call up a certain number of players ffs. He's "next" in the pecking order, so what the hell is the problem with having a look at him? :lol:

We've taken the p*ss, and in context rightly so, out of him and the fact that Pardew wanted him to replace Cabaye. But he's our player now, and he hasn't done much wrong so far. I don't often agree with Ronaldo, but on this account I fully agree that we should wish him the best of luck. If the call-up gives Colback any additional confidence that he ups his game for us, then all the better for NUFC.

Put it this way, alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear at the FA at a time when a player as utterly average as Jack Colback is considered for an England cap. I'm fairly certain I could name at least 10 better midfield players from the Eredivisie, a competition Ronaldo himself loves to deride and often fair enough.

What does the Eredivisie have to do with the England squad and the current state of England's midfield man? The point is, one of our players has a chance to further his career and increase his football experience. Well done to him.

Has the Alan Ball stuff been in here yet? :anguish:

Read that earlier but can't find it now  :lol:

Such a disgusting quote from Pardew man. I mean it was kind of offensive right?! :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-hopes-jack-colbacks-7685702

“He’s a terrific player, the last time we won a World Cup we had a ginger in Alan Ball.

“Now we’ve got another one. About time!”

Fucking hell, he's always talked all kinds of shit but he's talked more shit about Colback so far than is bearable to read.

Such a disgusting quote from Pardew man. I mean it was kind of offensive right?! :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-hopes-jack-colbacks-7685702

“He’s a terrific player, the last time we won a World Cup we had a ginger in Alan Ball.

f***ing hell, he's always talked all kinds of s*** but he's talked more s*** about Colback so far than is bearable to read.

There it is!

"We had a ginger ... " My God!  :lol:

That just reads so weird. Like their some kind of different species or something.

He must love the constant references to being a ginger like. As if the years of relentless bullying wasn't bad enough.

:lol: Exactly. I mean why keep on harping on about it for God's sake. Must be infuriating for the guy. It's just his hair colour.

I mean you'd expect it from his peers or whatever, but not a friggin grown man, who is supposed to be his manager.

Absolutely classless from Pardew.

There it is!

That just reads so weird. Like their some kind of different species or something.

We'll strike fear into opponents, it'll be like the LotR "They have a cave troll" scene.

"They have a ginger!"

Fucking hell, he's always talked all kinds of shit but he's talked more shit about Colback so far than is bearable to read.

Imagine Fergie going into an interview and talking Scholes up as a ginger. :lol:

What a fucking embarrassment he is.

From the same article:

“I hope he gets a chance to get some part of the game in these two games.

“I said to him they’d called and asked about his fitness because he had a knock this week.

“I suggested ‘that’s good, the radar’s on you’.

“I didn’t actually know that they had.

So the players won't believe a word he says now but acting the smart-arse in a press conference is clearly more important than that!

Name the 10 players from the Eredivisie then. Purely out of interest as to how you can derive any relevance to the England team.

Man, because I like a challenge I will just limit myself to Dutch midfield players currently playing in the Eredivisie who are all better than Jack Colback:

Memphis Depay, Daley Blind, Jordy Clasie, Jean Paul Boëtius, Tonny Vilhena, Davy Klaassen, Steven Berghuis, Adam Maher, Georginio Wijnaldum, Hakim Ziyech

Look, I actually don't dislike Colback and wasn't as dead set against us signing him (as backup) like some were on here, but the concept of such a limited football player getting an England cap blows my mind. I can't believe there are no better candidates to be called up, even somebody undoubtedly talented for the future (like Nathaniel Chalobah, Ward-Prowse or Will Hughes just to name a few examples) who only comes to see how an international callup works and to stimulate them to work hard to get there permanently. If there aren't, now is the time where your FA should start taking measures for limiting the number of foreign players as this is as clear a sign as any that the stronger the Premiership gets, the narrower the base of quality players for the England squad to select from appears to become.

With the current, available, players he has to choose from in the position he'd play Colback I don't think Hodgsonngas done anything wrong in picking him and, if he gets on, good luck to him.

He's been steady in his games for us and that's what he offers, you know what you'll get. Last season he made our lot look less than average as his team won 3-0 and he strolled through to score the 3rd.

If he wasn't a local lad and hadn't played down the road he wouldn't be getting the unfair stick. There's a place for a Colback player in most teams, you wouldn't want to have 2 in there but unless you are a top top team you'll be asking for trouble without one.

Judge him on what he's being asked to do and how he does it.

There it is!

We'll strike fear into opponents, it'll be like the LotR "They have a cave troll" scene.

"They have a ginger!"

:lol:

From the same article:

“I hope he gets a chance to get some part of the game in these two games.

“I said to him they’d called and asked about his fitness because he had a knock this week.

“I suggested ‘that’s good, the radar’s on you’.

“I didn’t actually know that they had.

So the players won't believe a word he says now but acting the smart-arse in a press conference is clearly more important than that!

What the fuck is he even on about, just says absolutely anything. GOD.

He's been a stand out player in a decidedly average Newcastle side, I was as p*ssed off as most when he joined but he hasn't done much wrong since being here and has impressed given the chance. So why not? Let him have his chance, see if he can do something for England. After all it was Pardew who told him to aim for England :lol:

A stand out player man. :lol:

Alright maybe stand out was a wrong term of phrase, what I mean is he's not done much wrong, keeps it simple, keeps it tidy and is a no nonsense type of player who does what he supposed to, nothing more, nothing less. Of course a paraplegic 90 year old could stand out in a Pardew team. He's been reliable, England international? Maybe not, but he's got his chance so good luck to him.