Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"He never hid."

Fucking what.

Can't remember coming away from a single game last season and thinking Colback 'hid' tbf. Don't understand why it's accepted as fact on here. Spells of being ineffectual yes, but certainly didn't hide.

One of probably only 3 players who didn't have a completely pathetic season.

He just epitomises everything wrong and seems to have a following he shouldn't really warrant. Normally the same ones who love Barton, S.Taylor, etc.

We have about 6-7 players imo who you could feasibly see in a good Newcastle team. Some have been poor lately but I reckon with better players around them or manager in charge, they'd do well (Krul, Colo with a commanding partner, Janmaat, Sissoko, Cabella, De Jong, Ayoze....)

I don't see Colback ever being one.

He just epitomises everything wrong and seems to have a following he shouldn't really warrant. Normally the same ones who love Barton, S.Taylor, etc.

We have about 6-7 players imo who you could feasibly see in a good Newcastle team. Some have been poor lately but I reckon with better players around them or manager in charge, they'd do well (Krul, Colo with a commanding partner, Janmaat, Sissoko, Cabella, De Jong, Ayoze....)

I don't see Colback ever being one.

Colo's got a commanding partner. His wife etc etc

I don't rate him particularly highly, but don't get the hate for him on here. I prefer to get angry at genuinely very good players who aren't coming close to fulfilling their potential (Krul, Colo, Sissoko...)

He is hated because of what he isn't. If he had signed for us with a proper Cabaye replacement coming in and he filled in for 20 or so games a seasons, coming off the bench or play here and there we'd all just shrug and undoubtedly say that it's a team game and you need a squad. Instead, he is emblematic with everything that is wrong with the club. Someone cheap and under qualified for his responsibility who looks completely untouchable.

He is also just not very good.

As a squad filler fine, I don't have a particular hatred for him he's not the worse player to pull on the kit for us, no way should he be an automatic starter but seemed under both Carver and Pardew he was first name on the team sheet. As back up next season that would be fine but we all know that's not going to happen, unless injured or suspended or rested for "meaningless" cup games he will get picked every game.

I don't go along with the fact that he hid either, he's a limited player but I do think he goes out there no matter what colours he has on to win a game. Go on the Ginger Pirlo :(

I really do hate him with an absolute passion.

What makes it worse is my mates all think hes really good so I feel the need to go out of my way to point out his flaws every time hes brought up. It gets tiring.

what are his flaws?

and who does he relate to in the premier league position wise?

Don't get the hatred for him on here yet up until recently people (only on here mind) hero worshipped Vernon Anita who in his entire NUFC career has a goal at Brugge and a good game v West Ham to his name. Only Janmaat and Perez were better than Colback last season. He certainly had a more productive first season than Cabella and De Jong but they don't get anywhere near the grief he gets (on here).

Only Janmaat and Perez were better last season?  Not really much of a feat, when on the whole, the entire team were utter wank about 80% of the time and we had two absolute jokers picking the team and so called tactics, every week.

Colback is just another British, generic, nothing midfielder.  Pretty average at all aspects of the game.  Excels at none of them.  Never bosses a game and lacks any style or class. 

He just reminds me of someone like Mark Noble or Jenas.  They run around a lot, score the odd goal, make the odd good tackle.  That's about it.  Urgh.  This current team are a bit shite aren't they?!

Only Janmaat and Perez were better last season?  Not really much of a feat, when on the whole, the entire team were utter w*** about 80% of the time and we had two absolute jokers picking the team and so called tactics, every week.

Colback is just another British, generic, nothing midfielder.  Pretty average at all aspects of the game.  Excels at none of them.  Never bosses a game and lacks any style or class. 

He just reminds me of someone like Mark Noble or Jenas.  They run around a lot, score the odd goal, make the odd good tackle.  That's about it.  Urgh.  This current team are a bit s**** aren't they?!

what is colbacks position?

Having a bang average midfielder like him supposedly controlling how we play, safe passing, lack of mobility restricts the likes of Sissoko being able to get forward as much as he should or the likes of Cabella being given the ball at pace and in space in good positions, etc. which has a knock on effect on the striker not getting as good service as he should. There's 3 players who would be far better than Colback is if we had a better midfielder than Colback playing imo.

Only Janmaat and Perez were better last season?  Not really much of a feat, when on the whole, the entire team were utter w*** about 80% of the time and we had two absolute jokers picking the team and so called tactics, every week.

He just reminds me of someone like Mark Noble or Jenas.  They run around a lot, score the odd goal, make the odd good tackle.  That's about it.  Urgh.  This current team are a bit s**** aren't they?!

what is colbacks position?

Left back aint he?!........

Yeah, you're right.  So many centre midfielders struggle to stamp their authority on a game, score a lot, dictate the flow, create a lot, get a lot of assists etc etc.  I suppose you have to be very average at everything to play there and just rarely contribute to anything meaningful.   

Colback = McClaren

Just because there are worse alternatives out there doesn't mean they're anywhere near good enough. Colback shouldn't even be getting a game never mind being first name on the team sheet.

Colback has the same trick that Jenas had - run around a bit without the ball or in safe places, but always make sure your attacking runs are impossible for anyone to pick out. Hiding out in the open if you will. Jenas had more talent and potential though

Jenas was quick as well so we could afford to play a more open game. When you have a slow central midfielder who can't cover ground like Colback you have to sit deeper as a team so he doesn't get exposed.

Don't get the hatred for him on here yet up until recently people (only on here mind) hero worshipped Vernon Anita who in his entire NUFC career has a goal at Brugge and a good game v West Ham to his name. Only Janmaat and Perez were better than Colback last season. He certainly had a more productive first season than Cabella and De Jong but they don't get anywhere near the grief he gets (on here).

This forum does have some pretty strange/inconsistent opinions on players tbf.