Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest lincoln_imp

This board is negative as f***. He had a decent game today.

:thup: He was at worst average today, and yet we are still gifted with continuous discussion of how poor a player he is.

Different day, same story on this forum. They spend their time mocking him for his white skin (I am sure if his pigmentation was of a different ethnicity, they would say nowt about that) and his speech impediment, but they reserve their ire mostly for his biggest disability of all, his nationality.

If his name was Jaques Le Col Baque, with Ugandan origin  they would be far more tolerable. For evidence of this, see their rampant and sinister defence of Vernon Anita, by far one of the most pointless players the premier league has ever seen, but due to nefarious reasons outlined earlier, they will remorselessly defend him until the cows come home.

This is weapons-grade retardation.

I reckon if he was called Lin-Con Eemp you'd reckon he was a f***ing mint poster and not at all a complete knuckle dragging fuckwit.

Once again, anti English xenephobia on display. I notice no one has had the grace or dignity to offer an opposition to my post, rather just decide they are offended for no justifiable reason whatsoever.

It is fine to say we need an upgrade for that position in order to improve the team but I don't think you need to intentionally downplay his performance yesterday.  Seriously I am glad to have Colback here after watching Tiote for the final 30mins. Tiote is fucking garbage nowadays. Anita and Colback over him any seconds.

I thought he played quite well and I don't like him. Nothing amazing but calm on ball and gave other players a platform to attack. The biggest issue I have with him and Anita is not enough presence and defensively all over like the defence.

Although both looked much better than Tiote who slowed it right down with no technique at all.

I reckon Colback would be more effective if he pushed forward more. He's not shit on the ball, retains well and consistent distribution. When he pushes forward he tends to create something

Trying hard is the minimun what a professional player should do. But tbh Colback was miles better than Tiote. He didn't give the ball away too much, but he just isn't brave enough with the ball and is ridiciously one footed.

I thought he played quite well and I don't like him. Nothing amazing but calm on ball and gave other players a platform to attack. The biggest issue I have with him and Anita is not enough presence and defensively all over like the defence.

Although both looked much better than Tiote who slowed it right down with no technique at all.

I reckon Colback would be more effective if he pushed forward more. He's not shit on the ball, retains well and consistent distribution. When he pushes forward he tends to create something

He offers the square root of fuck all going forward though.

I don't think he was terrible yesterday by any means, he was just his usual bog standard 6/10 self.

I reckon Colback would be more effective if he pushed forward more. He's not s*** on the ball, retains well and consistent distribution. When he pushes forward he tends to create something

He offers the square root of f*** all going forward though.

I don't think he was terrible yesterday by any means, he was just his usual bog standard 6/10 self.

He does currently but wonder if it's a confidence thing. He's not shit on the ball, just not an exciting player pushing forward.

He has goals in him which we have seen but never gets in those positions often enough

I reckon Colback would be more effective if he pushed forward more. He's not s*** on the ball, retains well and consistent distribution. When he pushes forward he tends to create something

He offers the square root of f*** all going forward though.

He does currently but wonder if it's a confidence thing. He's not shit on the ball, just not an exciting player pushing forward.

He has goals in him which we have seen but never gets in those positions often enough

He has 3-5 goals in him a season which is about par for the course for a box to box midfielder.

I don't think it's a confidence thing either, he just isn't cut out to have a crisp expansive passing game.

He doesn't excel in any area and offers a bit of graft and and some simple passes nothing more.

:thup: He was at worst average today, and yet we are still gifted with continuous discussion of how poor a player he is.

Different day, same story on this forum. They spend their time mocking him for his white skin (I am sure if his pigmentation was of a different ethnicity, they would say nowt about that) and his speech impediment, but they reserve their ire mostly for his biggest disability of all, his nationality.

If his name was Jaques Le Col Baque, with Ugandan origin  they would be far more tolerable. For evidence of this, see their rampant and sinister defence of Vernon Anita, by far one of the most pointless players the premier league has ever seen, but due to nefarious reasons outlined earlier, they will remorselessly defend him until the cows come home.

This is very true mind.

This is very true mind.

Makes me sick, the defence of Bramble, Boumsong and Ameobi was so transparent.

He did fade yesterday but so did the whole team. His block at the end was excellent though, and I thought his passing kept us ticking over.

And it showed when Tiote came on - the difference is plain to see. Tiote is gone, he is s*** now.

Sometimes I wonder about this Board, because the opinion of people in the stands I speak to, and in the pub is different to on here. People think he is a decent player, maybe not starting all the time, but a useful squad member. On here, it's relentless negative banter.

This is weapons-grade retardation.

I reckon if he was called Lin-Con Eemp you'd reckon he was a f***ing mint poster and not at all a complete knuckle dragging fuckwit.

Once again, anti English xenephobia on display. I notice no one has had the grace or dignity to offer an opposition to my post, rather just decide they are offended for no justifiable reason whatsoever.

Nobody takes you seriously enough to be offended by you churning out the same shit post after post.

He did fade yesterday but so did the whole team. His block at the end was excellent though, and I thought his passing kept us ticking over.

And it showed when Tiote came on - the difference is plain to see. Tiote is gone, he is s*** now.

Sometimes I wonder about this Board, because the opinion of people in the stands I speak to, and in the pub is different to on here. People think he is a decent player, maybe not starting all the time, but a useful squad member. On here, it's relentless negative banter.

I think the criticism is mainly aimed at his role yesterday. He's a decent squad player as you say but why is he playing the same role as Anita but worse?

Strange, because the people watching the match in the pub i was at yesterday seemed to think he was pretty shite.

The English players get a rough ride is a load of bollocks that has crept up for years in support for many poor to average players who have eventually left for greater pastures in the lower leagues.

Amdy Faye got slated and people preferred Lee Clark on the whole even though if you analysed the pair objectively, at that time there was little in it.

He does start all the time though.

Funny like, I don't remember this fawning over him when he was at Sunderland, or a burning desire for such a great player to play for Newcastle. Everyone thought he was a bland clogger and chuckled at our quality in comparison to theirs.

As somebody said above, he keeps us ticking over with short no nonsense passing. I would also agree that he, in reality, is no Pirlo, but we know what he does and he does it week in week out, therefore giving a sense of security and consistency in a position that in time will get an updgrade. He gives 110% which for me is decent enough, his ability is what it is and until we sign an upgrade give the lad a break...FFS!